Req Access logfile in webinterface / Chorus
I have installed a Kodi at my parents' home. Unfortunately the PVR/DVB there often does not work. I assume that this is a hardware problem but I'm not sure.

The main problem is that I can't access the log. The error randomly happens and is not always reproducible. For tvheadend it is possible to go to the website and access the log so they can e-mail it to me but in Kodi it's more complicated. Also the easy methods are complicated or require uploading to your service.

What do you think of the idea to make the logfile also accessible in the web interface? For random failures with playback etc. (errors that don't disable the web interface) looking online at the logfile is a really easy method, I guess (and possible with all devices, laptops, smartphones, tablets, ...).
The kodi logviewer addon does provide this functionality: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Log_Viewer_for_Kodi, although disabled by default (look for the HTTP server options in the addon settings).
I don't think exposing the kodi internal log via the default webinterface/chorus2 is relevant for most kodi users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access logfile in webinterface / Chorus0