"Set content as" without GUI?
There is a sources.xml file where I can specify the location of all the folders I want to add to my library. 

I just can't set the content and the provider via text file instead of the GUI.

I have lots of folders with different content and regularly delete and reinstall Kodi. It would be easier to have a text file like the sources.xml which I would simply copy and paste instead of going through the GUI for every single folder.

Hope there is a way.

I appreciate any help!
(2021-01-10, 00:11)3000 Wrote: I just can't set the content and the provider via text file instead of the GUI.
Set Content is a database function.

This touches on what you are asking... https://kodi.wiki/view/Incorrect_and_mis...t_a_source
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you, so this basically means I don't have a text tile but instead will have to go through the GUI procedure for every single folder at least once (and then backup the database files for reuse) ?
(2021-01-10, 00:11)3000 Wrote: regularly delete and reinstall Kodi
Might be easier to just copy the userdata folder in it's entirety, or the full Kodi folder in roaming.
@Karellen 

Thank you. So this basically means I don't have a text tile but instead will have to go through the GUI procedure for every single folder at least once (and then backup the database files for reuse) ? Really no other way?
(2021-01-12, 11:56)3000 Wrote: Thank you. So this basically means I don't have a text tile but instead will have to go through the GUI procedure for every single folder at least once (and then backup the database files for reuse) ? Really no other way?
No other way that I can think of. I have not even tried your method, but can't see why it wouldn't work. If you do nothing else but add your Sources then you "should" be able to just copy that database file and the sources.xml file to your other Kodi instances.

Let me know if that works.

==Edit==
The only issue I see is your paths. If you are using Absolute paths, it should be fine but if you are using relative folder paths it won't work.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-10, 00:11)3000 Wrote: regularly delete and reinstall Kodi
Why?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Set content as" without GUI?0