Problem with Apple Remote on Atlantis and SVN
davilla Wrote:I would make a copy of ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC just in case it does something goes wrong.

Also, after moving to beta1 you can remove Library/Application\ Support/XBMC as it's not referenced anymore. Everything is inside XBMC.app now.

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess, I will go for a "clean install" again, while backing up the data beforehand. How would the next update (to RC1) go given that you mentioned that everything is inside the xbmc.app now? any chance that I can keep my setting (and more importantly my library)? I know that RC1 is far away in the future, but I was wondering whether at one pont of time, I dont need to redo all my setting and rescan the library.

Many thanks!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. Guess, I will go for a "clean install" again, while backing up the data beforehand. How would the next update (to RC1) go given that you mentioned that everything is inside the xbmc.app now? any chance that I can keep my setting (and more importantly my library)? I know that RC1 is far away in the future, but I was wondering whether at one pont of time, I dont need to redo all my setting and rescan the library.

That's the plan, unless something changes with the internal formats of items inside userdate there should no need to start from scratch.
Hi guys, new user here. Just installed Atlantis Beta 1 and my Apple Remote still doesn't work properly with this beta i.e. play/pause, stop etc during fileplay. Am I missing something or is this still a bug?
Actually, I should clarify my situation. I'm using a Logitech Harmony universal remote that has an Apple Remote programmed into it. Is there a better remote setup to use with XBMC and my Mac?
Maddcow Wrote:Hi guys, new user here. Just installed Atlantis Beta 1 and my Apple Remote still doesn't work properly with this beta i.e. play/pause, stop etc during fileplay. Am I missing something or is this still a bug?

Little more info, the OSD does not appear, you can't navigate to these buttons, you can navigate but pressing the buttons have no effect?
Maddcow Wrote:Actually, I should clarify my situation. I'm using a Logitech Harmony universal remote that has an Apple Remote programmed into it. Is there a better remote setup to use with XBMC and my Mac?

If the Logitech Harmony universal remote can mimic the Apple IR Remote, there should not be an issue.
I'll try to explain a little better:
I have a Harmony 785 but don't have an Apple Remote. However, my Harmony has been set up to mimic the Apple Remote. I've also followed all the instructions to set up an XBMC activity for the Harmony with sequences etc based on the Apple Remote functions.

My problem is that regardless of what I do, my Harmony will either activate Front Row or not operate in XBMC. However, I did notice that when I execute the XBMC app, there's a comment in terminal that says "Apple Infrared Remote not found". I'm new to Macs but am very computer literate so I'm a quick learner......however, this remote business is baffling me.

I've paired the Logitech (mimicing the Apple Remote) with my MacBook so I'd have thought that all should be good. I'm wondering if my problem has something to do with the XBMC helper thingy?
Ok, just installed Plex and the remote works perfectly. I also checked the Activity Monitor and PlexHelper is running in the background. I then ran XBMC and the XBMCHelper doesn't run at all. So I executed the XBMCHelper on its own and below are the terminal results:

/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/XBMCHelper ; exit;
XBOX360: Registering for notifications.
Apple Infrared Remote not found.
logout

[Process completed]
Does the issue persist if PlexHelper is not running? Only one application can hold an exclusive lock on the IR controller.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/XBMCHelper -v

for debug info

only one (XBMCHelper or PlexHelper) can be running at the same time.
Was just making another attempt to get Sofa Control running to start XBMC.

1) Unfortunately, I dont get it to run. (it appears to only support Plex)

2) And (even worse) when Sofa Control is installed, the remote support of XBMC doesnt work either.

Any thoughts?! Thanks!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
davilla Wrote:/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/XBMCHelper -v

for debug info

only one (XBMCHelper or PlexHelper) can be running at the same time.
Debug results are:

uninitializing apple remote
deleting commands map

PlexHelper was definitely not running.....and I can't seem to get XBMCHelper to run at all. However, PlexHelper certainly has no problems running. Below are the results from the same debug command for PlexHelper:

Adding 39 Apple Remote cookies.
Thought I'd also post the terminal data for when I start XBMC......some interesting messages there......

The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
Asking helper to start.
QZ_SetVideoWindowed(1280, 720)
Using display 69672064
++ WARN: could not retrieve file info for `image.nrg': No such file or directory
++ WARN: can't open nrg image file image.nrg for reading
Does the current XBMC still support Logitech Harmony Remote Button Sequences? If so I have not been able to get them to work.

The standard Apple remote commands are working fine; however, the Logitech Harmony remotes do not properly send the held-down button commands. This effectively limits me to only 6 buttons.

Plex is working fine with Button Sequences making it more "usable" then XBMC right now. I would prefer to use the real XBMC but this is a showstopper for me Sad.

BTW - The only reason I mention Plex, is because it supported Sequences before the fork...
For those having problems with the Apple IR remote Here is an URL to a replacement XBMCHelper that you can try.

EDIT: Correct URL
http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/...XBMCHelper

This replaces

/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/XBMCHelper

depending on your download method, you might have to

"chmod +x XBMCHelper" to make it executable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Apple Remote on Atlantis and SVN0