XBMC Backdrop Downloader
Hello all,

I have about 100-200 DVD movies on my XBMC and i was attempting to download backdrop for all of them, but it took like forever.

To speed up the process i coded a little application that can download backdrops automaticlly.

Download here
My XBMC system:
XBMC PC: 2.2 GHz Dual-core, GeForce 6400 GS, 2 GB Ram
Remote: Phillips Pronto RC9800i
TV: Phillips 42" LCD 1080p 42PFL7962D
Dreambox: Dreambox 500-S
XBMC Tools - Coming soon
XBMC .net API - Coming soon
nice one... does it download all the fanart so u can choose which u likeHuh really good idea dude
No its only downloading the first image on the site, so if you dont like the first fanart image you have to download it manually
My XBMC system:
XBMC Tools - Coming soon
XBMC Movie Companion create .nfo a .tbn and download all available fanarts automaticaly... No need for the IMDB ttxxxxxxx #. Just add your folder's movies and the prog will do the rest.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.billyad2000.co.uk/
Í have used XBMC Movie Companion alot my self, i dont think it downloads fanart/backdrops, it downloads covers

for all my movies i have the following:

Cloverfield.iso (the movie it self.)
Cloverfield.tbn (a DVD front cover image) (XBMC Movie Companion can download those)
Cloverfield.nfo (a Movie information file) (XBMC Movie Companion can download those)
Cloverfield-fanart.jpg (XBMC Backdrop Downloader can download those)

Its not all skins that support fanart/backdrops, but i think its cool when i select a movie, the background changes to the "Cloverfield-fanart.jpg" Smile
My XBMC system:
XBMC Tools - Coming soon
oh i used a old version of XBMC Movie Companion Wink so i think your right
My XBMC system:
XBMC Tools - Coming soon
Hey guys,
I download this prog and xbmc companion but both of them gives me error messege and wont run. any idea what this could be cause by? do i need to install something else to run this?
running xp currently.
thanks
o.k
I figured it out. LaughBig Grin:pNod
Need som help here. I've downloaded the XBMC Media Companion to create the thumbnails and fanart. XBMC reads the fanart and thumbs just fine, but seems to not read the .nfo file it createt?

I really want this to work!
xbmcfan123 Wrote:I've downloaded the XBMC Media Companion to create the thumbnails and fanart. XBMC reads the fanart and thumbs just fine, but seems to not read the .nfo file it createt?

xbmc setup is working as it should be. initially XBMC is looking for nfo files and puts this information in its library. When there is information about your media in its library it wil no longer look for a nfo file in the folder containing your media file.

There are several ways you can get what you want.

In xbmc (using library mode), open the information screen of a specific media file (the "i" button on your keyboard) and select "Refresh". When you do this, xbmc wil look for your nfo file in the folder containing this specific media file.

This is a great way to test if this is the case and you don't have any problems.

if you don't want to manually do this for every file, you can force xbmc to scan al nfo file by throwing away your (video) library completely or only the parts you want to rescan (this does not matter because your library is now stored besides the media files).

by the way, why using media companion? imho the scrapers of xbmc are working better. The only advantage media companion has over xbmc is that is stores your nfo files and fanart in the same folder as your media files. But this you can do with xbmc to. By exporting your library to separate files, xbmc wil store the nfo and fanart files in the folder where the media files are. Read the following for more info:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...rt_options

After this, you can use the functions explained above to let xbmc use the nfo files from now on.

hope this anwers your question.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Backdrop Downloader0