Movie information & cast thumbs
Is there a way XBMC can automatically download the movie information and cast thumbnails?

Scanning/scraper thru IMDB works great for the dvd movie covers but in order to get the cast thumbs and movie info I have been manually having to select movie information etc etc... it works ok... but it is a bit time consuming....

I recently did a fresh install windows/xbmc, lost my database and now have to grab movie info/cast thumbs for about 300+ movie Sad any advice on how to grab/scrape all that movie info automatically?
There's a scraper setting for getting full cast information and I think there's a setting in video settings to get actor thumbs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

errrrrl Wrote:Is there a way XBMC can automatically download the movie information and cast thumbnails?

Scanning/scraper thru IMDB works great for the dvd movie covers but in order to get the cast thumbs and movie info I have been manually having to select movie information etc etc... it works ok... but it is a bit time consuming....

I recently did a fresh install windows/xbmc, lost my database and now have to grab movie info/cast thumbs for about 300+ movie Sad any advice on how to grab/scrape all that movie info automatically?

I'm having the same issue.

Everytime I want to add new movies to my library I have to scan for the movie info individually.

I checked the settings for the scraper but could not find the setting. Eek

Can someone please explain how to set it up so that you can scan your whole movie library for the info? I already got folder.jpg files for every movie, just need a quick way to get the info for all in one go.

Thanks!
it sounds like you haven't "set content" for your sources. on the "set content" dialog, there is a "settings" button. the get actor thumbs option is in there.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Contents_(Video_Library)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
kraqh3d Wrote:it sounds like you haven't "set content" for your sources. on the "set content" dialog, there is a "settings" button. the get actor thumbs option is in there.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Contents_(Video_Library)

Thanks for the reply and links kraqh3d.

I had done "set content" already...but it only shows the covers for the movies, not the info.

Could it be because all the movies are stored on my server?
Does the content have to be stored locally for movie info to get downloaded?

Movie info download works but only when i do it manually for each movie. Not sure why it's not working for the entire folder at once.

any ideas?
johnny utah Wrote:I had done "set content" already...but it only shows the covers for the movies, not the info.

Could it be because all the movies are stored on my server?
Does the content have to be stored locally for movie info to get downloaded?

Movie info download works but only when i do it manually for each movie. Not sure why it's not working for the entire folder at once.

any ideas?

I have this problem too. If I scan for new content, it will go through all my movies, pickup all the pictures, but does not add them to the library until I individually choose movie infomation for each one.

Also, if I scan a second time it will just go over all the movies again (except the ones I have manually scanned).
at this point, you'll need to produce a debug log from the scan. use pastebin.com to host the log file.
Are you guys sure you've gone to "set content"->"settings"->"Enable Full Cast Credits"?
Hey craigey1

Yeah I have set content setup correctly... I did a reinstall of everything (OS+XBMC) and I finally got it to download thumbs/info/cast etc without going manual...

The problem I have now since the reinstall is when I try to change the thumbnail (get thumb) XBMC just hangs... and I have to ctrl/alt/del to get out of it... at first I thought it might have been a dns issue but I have everything configured good...

I really don't feel like having to do another reinstall to get the "get thumb" feature... any idea what could be causing it to hang? Set content is set for IMDB /akas.imdb.com... I recently switched vid cards (nvidia to ati) but I can't see how that would change anything.

Using Vista 32 ultimate w/ AMD 4800X2 ATI X800XT and the latest Atlantis build.
Can you put XBMC in debug mode, recreate the hang & post your log on pastebin & link to it. I probably wont know what's going on, but perhaps someone else might.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie information & cast thumbs0