Meligrove.com - Movies and Music Artists FanArt Backdrops
Thumbs Up 
Hey guys,

Jut thought I'd drop a note about a bunch more work I've done for meligrove.com

Meligrove is a place to share high definition backdrops for XBMC. Movies and Music are mostly complete, I'll be working in Games and Weather too.

UPDATE: As of September 11, and movie-xml.com going down the search won't be working. I am working on an update that should allow things to move forward independent of any other data sources. The API and images are still working perfectly fine. This only affects the searching.

UPDATE #2: I know it's been quiet on the front of getting the search back up and running... with the demise of movie-xml.com John Conrad (author of the Moving Pictures app), zag2me and I have been talking about a way to not just bring movie-xml.com back online, but bring it back 10x better. So we will.

Since Meligrove will get rolled into this project, and technically speaking the site is still functioning fine as a place to get / post backdrops if everyone can give us about a week to get the initial beta of our new site up, I would much rather dedicate time to this rather than duplicating all of the functionality across 2 apps.

Sound like a plan everyone?
really good site mate... me really likes it a lot... keep up the great work man...

travisbell Wrote:Hey guys,

Jut thought I'd drop a note about a bunch more work I've done for posters.consumeroo.com.

Done

- Movies are now searchable
- Movies show details
- Zips will auto-regenerate once a day

To be done:

- User upload-able art
- Maintain some kind of updated list to prevent re-downloads of zip file when only 1 or 2 have been added.

Have fun, if you guys run into any problems feel free to post about them here.
Very nice. The only thing I can suggest is perhaps make it browseable by letter as well. Cheers.
Yes, why not make it browseable by letter, show the last 5 or 10 backdrops and make it compatible with moviebackdrops ? I have uploaded tons of backdrops on moviebackdrops, I won't upload them again!

Thx for you work, looks nice!
I will definitely look at doing the browseable y letter but first and foremost I am going to be making those contribute links actually work :-P

I'll also see about a way to elegantly display multiple images should they exist for a single movie.

Cheers guys.
User uploads are now up and working. Feel free to contribute anything that's missing! Wink
Is this one backdrop per movie, or is there a library of different backdrops per title? The two that I searched up only had one backdrop each.
MikeBeecham Wrote:Is this one backdrop per movie, or is there a library of different backdrops per title? The two that I searched up only had one backdrop each.

There are a few movies with multiple posters but I haven't implemented a way to display them yet.

I'll be taking a look at that next, and most likely this week.
Cool...by the way, the site looks great visually...well done!
Update:

- Multiple posters are now working, see Star Wars: Clone Wars as an example.
- Search results have been fixed to prevent the 500 errors
- There's a new "latest uploads" page. See here.
- Image sizes are reported as the real image dimensions

Have fun guys.
Looks super good actually, awesome work!

Ultimate thing would be some compatibility with moviebackdrops
Hi

great site

thanks
Wow. Very elegant site.
Nice, although I like http://www.movieposters.com, it bothers me that I can't upload or download posters at 1920x1080 resolution, I know I can convert the posters that I've made but it seems a waste to make the pictures lower res. Thanks I will up a few posters that I've made when I get home from work.
Nice site mate Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Meligrove.com - Movies and Music Artists FanArt Backdrops2