Meligrove.com - Movies and Music Artists FanArt Backdrops
kri kri Wrote:Dumb question, but do I need to download manually all the posters I want? Is there any way to get them within xbmc?

For movies and TV shows, the scraper *should* download posters and fanart automatically. But...because the guys who run moviebackdrops.com merged it with meligrove.com, I'm not sure if the fanart scraper for movies works currently.

Otherwise, yes, the stuff should download automatically in library mode. Select the folder that contains your movies, bring up the context menu, and select "set content". Pick IMDB.com, and tell it to scan automatically.

XBMC should do the rest.
Yup, and if you're that determined to download a pack I'll be putting together a "best of" pack of something like 100 movies backdrops. I have decided to how to poll everyone, maybe I'll run a thread on the forums for it later this week.

Cheers,
The scraper has been updated, but you'll need to grab a fresh one from SVN.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The scraper has been updated, but you'll need to grab a fresh one from SVN.

How would I do this for Windows? I am running alpha 4
With the source browser either on xbmc.org/trac or on sourceforge.

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/li...pers/video

for instance.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:With the source browser either on xbmc.org/trac or on sourceforge.

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/li...pers/video

for instance.
I downloaded the two IMDB files, but now they don't show up when I try and select IMDB under 'movies'
You probably didn't download them "untouched", and they've been mangled. Try clicking on them and then going to "download in other formats" down the bottom.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for a new release, which hopefully should be out within the next week.

Cheers,
Jonathan

xb2iris Wrote:hey rand... thats a wicked idea... see ur a rocker dude... pretty cool... nyways... is music fanart even supported on XBMC yetHuh

No, as far as I know music fanart is not supported. However, with the way this site is improving I would not be surprised to see it in the near future. That is why I suggested adding band logos as well. It would seem logical to do it all at the same time.
travisbell Wrote:Yup, and if you're that determined to download a pack I'll be putting together a "best of" pack of something like 100 movies backdrops. I have decided to how to poll everyone, maybe I'll run a thread on the forums for it later this week.

Cheers,

You got everything from Moviebackdrops.com, right? If not, I've got all the submissions I did for them in a .rar in one of the other threads here.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:
xb2iris Wrote:hey rand... thats a wicked idea... see ur a rocker dude... pretty cool... nyways... is music fanart even supported on XBMC yetHuh
No, as far as I know music fanart is not supported. However, with the way this site is improving I would not be surprised to see it in the near future. That is why I suggested adding band logos as well. It would seem logical to do it all at the same time.
That is correct, however know that we are currently in a feature freeze so at the earliest it will be added after Atlantis 'Gold', ...please submit new tickets as separate feature requests on trac to help us keep track those: http://trac.xbmc.org (so we do not forget the ideas about "Music Artists FanArt" and "Music Artists/Band Logos" )
Gamester17 Wrote:That is correct, however know that we are currently in a feature freeze so at the earliest it will be added after Atlantis 'Gold', ...please submit new tickets as separate feature requests on trac to help us keep track those: http://trac.xbmc.org (so we do not forget the ideas about "Music Artists FanArt" and "Music Artists/Band Logos" )

Will do Gamester Wink Music FanArt seemed inevitable, but now I have to convince travis to host band logos on his site. No sense in adding them to the scraper if they aren't on the site.

@ Travisbell
So, what do you think?
Rand Al Thor Wrote:I have to convince travis to host band logos on his site. No sense in adding them to the scraper if they aren't on the site.
Well you could try to also convince XBMC developer(s) to implement local support, (like a file called "logo.jpg" or something similar stored in the artist and/or album folder), ...local FanArt support was added to XBMC long before a scraper for downloading backdrops online was ever created, (it is kind of a which came first, the chicken or the egg, kind of question). Of course, if there was a site to get them from it would give much more motivation for anyone to add support for it in XBMC.

Wink
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Will do Gamester Wink Music FanArt seemed inevitable, but now I have to convince travis to host band logos on his site. No sense in adding them to the scraper if they aren't on the site.

@ Travisbell
So, what do you think?

I would have no problem implementing band logos. Wouldn't be terribly hard but my question to you is, is there an existing source for these? Or are they primarily community made like the movie backdrops are?
I would assume that there is probably NOT an existing source for them. However, I think that band logos would be easier to come by than good high quality backgrounds. Every band has a logo, even if it is just the bands name in a special font. The fact that they would not need to be of such high resolution would make them much easier to come by. You would need to come up with some sort of standards though as I discussed earlier. Like dimensions and that the logo MUST fill at least one aspect (either vertical or horizontal). They should be .png's so that the rest of the space can be transparent. They should only be EXISTING logos. No "I think this would be a cool logo for band X." That is all I have for now but there are probably other things to consider. Cheers.
Is there a way to download multiple fan arts for 1 tv series and display them randomly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Meligrove.com - Movies and Music Artists FanArt Backdrops2