Movie / TV Show poster question
I just had a brain fart.

I've spent a lot of time making Movie & TV Show posters for my library at a 1000 px X 1500 px, 72 dpi resolution, they look great. I just realized that when they're displayed on the Information screen (the largest view possible) they're rendered at 720 px X 1080 px (see pic).

Would I be better off rendering them at that resolution so that Kodi doesn't re-size them? Or will Kodi manipulate them anyway?

My advancedsettings .xml file looks like this:

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <imageres>9999</imageres>
    <fanartres>9999</fanartres>
<videolibrary>
    <episodeextraart>
        <arttype>fanart</arttype>
        <arttype>landscape</arttype>
    </episodeextraart>
    <exportautothumbs>false</exportautothumbs>      <!-- Export auto-generated thumbs. Default = false. Change to true to allow export -->
       <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>  <!-- Import Last Played and Play Counts. Default = false. Change to true to allow import -->
       <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>    <!-- Import Resume Points. Default = false. Change to true to allow import -->
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks in advance!
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
It is good to keep the larger image files if you set "imageres" and "fanartres" in AS.xml to roughly the size they will be displayed most often. The last-step image scaling from "imageres" to final display size does not downsize images nicely, oftentimes a cause of "jaggies".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie / TV Show poster question0