Kodi showing 0 recordings (liveTv works), MythFrontend works ok - any ideas?
Hi all,

Long story short -> I had to migrate an old MythTv backend due to an ESXi server failure, to a new non ESXi server. MythTv is updated to fixes/31 [v31.0-v31.0] due to this migration. LiveTv works fine after fixing DNS issues. DNS matches the recorded entries in the DB. MythFrontends in a VM can see & playback recordings. Kodi can stream LiveTv without an hitches Smile However, unfortunately when we go to view the recorded item's recently and I'm unsure if its due to the MythTv upgrade or Kodi updates I see only the recording groups as empty with no recordings. There are recordings which MythFrontend can playback, and I have some GoLang processes that pull data frequently from the API at 6544 which have not changed since the MythTv upgrade using standard http(s). Any idea's why I get 0 recordings when I view the recorded programs lists, as short of Wiresharking the traffic I'm short on idea's at the moment.

The log file is 2.6MB, where's the best place to upload it if that would help to find out who to ask next for ideas? https://paste.kodi.tv/ appears to have a cap on the amount of text that can be pushed?

Any idea's appreciated on what to check / look into next much appreciated
(2021-01-25, 01:35)dddave Wrote: Hi all,

Long story short -> I had to migrate an old MythTv backend due to an ESXi server failure, to a new non ESXi server. MythTv is updated to fixes/31 [v31.0-v31.0] due to this migration. LiveTv works fine after fixing DNS issues. DNS matches the recorded entries in the DB. MythFrontends in a VM can see & playback recordings. Kodi can stream LiveTv without an hitches Smile However, unfortunately when we go to view the recorded item's recently and I'm unsure if its due to the MythTv upgrade or Kodi updates I see only the recording groups as empty with no recordings. There are recordings which MythFrontend can playback, and I have some GoLang processes that pull data frequently from the API at 6544 which have not changed since the MythTv upgrade using standard http(s). Any idea's why I get 0 recordings when I view the recorded programs lists, as short of Wiresharking the traffic I'm short on idea's at the moment.

The log file is 2.6MB, where's the best place to upload it if that would help to find out who to ask next for ideas? https://paste.kodi.tv/ appears to have a cap on the amount of text that can be pushed?

Any idea's appreciated on what to check / look into next much appreciated

I'd try repairing the mythconverg database with mysql and I'd run /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl against the DB. Are you trying to view livetv recordings or recordings that you made? Livetv recordings autodelete if you don't turn this off. I'd also check to make sure your storage locations are set properly.
Hi stuckthehome,

Thanks for replying.

Im not sure the DB is at fault? As the APIs are reading the data fine, and mythfrontend software can see recordings and live tv fine.

I’ll run optimise anyway just in case thanks Smile - when I upgraded the DB would have been flushed in case of any table updates just in case.

All recordings whether scheduled or from live tv don’t show now in Kodi but LiveTv does stream fine to Kodi?

The myth web ui can show them fine, and API calls to the mythbackend on 6544 list the recordings fine?
I'd probably turn on the Kodi logging where it shows you on the screen as you are using the system to see if it gives you an error when you try to go to the recordings group to view the stored recordings. I would think it is a permission issue but since you can view livetv leads me to believe no.
OK, so wiresharked all looked fine - finally found it  Rolleyes Turns out either I or someone else in the house had knocked a filter on which I missed in our UI so it was filtering out the lists Sad

v31.0 mythtv backend on kodi 18.9 appears to work well for recording's and live tv with the plugin  Big Grin
(2021-02-02, 20:00)dddave Wrote: OK, so wiresharked all looked fine - finally found it ...

I appreciate you taking the time to share the solution. This sounds like just the sort of thing I would do and then spend hours scratching my head...

tobor
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi showing 0 recordings (liveTv works), MythFrontend works ok - any ideas?0