Audio description Customization
Hi,

I know Kodi has a setting in Accessibility Section to enable Audio Description Tracks. However, I'd like to have this setting customizable. What I mean is the following:

Currently, if this option is enabled on Kodi, when playing a video file it checks if it has any stream labeled with the Audio description tag and if it's labeled, it chooses this audio stream over any other.
However, I've found different kind of audio description modes which Kodi do not support. For example, I live in Spain, and here, live TV uses a very strange model for audio description. On the audio stream list, stream 1 is Spanish language; stream 2 is original movie or program language; and stream 3 is a mono stream with the audio description. In TVs sold here, if you enable the Use Audio Description option, it makes a mix between the stream you select and the stream 3 (in fact the stream 3 do not appear in the stream selection list), so you're hearing at same time the Spanish/original stream and the Audio Description Stream. I don't know if it's specific to Spain or if there are more countries which use this design for Audio Description.

I'd like to get something which could fix this on Kodi, an addon, a core feature... something that, for example, allows you to specify which stream is the Audio Description and when playing some live TV show or movie mixes it with the selected audio stream.

I'm a developer and would like to help with that, but for now I'm beginning with Kodi and I'm very lost... I don't know if it would be possible to make this feature an addon, a core feature, if it wouldn't be possible at all...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio description Customization0