Subtitle on custom addon!
Hello guys, i have made a simple video addon for a private streaming site.

I habe grabbed the movies and tv shows and the website offers vtt as sub

I found a python script that converts vtt to srt, so my question is.

How do i set the subtitle in a streaming link?

Example.
I search for Lost, press season 1 and episode 1 and the video plays.. How do i set the subtitle to that video?

I was thinking to have it convert the vtt to srt and save it in the temp folder and have it set it as subtitle for the video that is played..

How can this be done?
(2021-01-31, 08:15)rawisha Wrote: I search for Lost, press season 1 and episode 1 and the video plays

All that is coming from a "private" streaming site..? Because Lost isn't some small unknown private TV show.
Also I've never seen people use vtt subtitles for their own personal use. So perhaps the streaming site isn't so personal. Just my 0.02c .
Getting .srt subtitles seems so much easier.

(2021-01-31, 08:15)rawisha Wrote: I was thinking to have it convert the vtt to srt and save it in the temp folder and have it set it as subtitle for the video that is played..

You're having a chicken-and-egg problem here, I think.
How does Kodi know beforehand which VTT file to convert via your script, as Kodi needs to load the subtitle file before starting the video.
Lost was just an example.

If i chose a certain episode, the sub is in the same page as the video url, so it is for sure for the same video.

I know for sure that the sub is for that specific video file rather than to get a random one and hope to get it to syn. With the video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle on custom addon!0