XBMC will not display 1080
Exclamation 
Ok, I am pretty new to this so I would appreciate any help!! Just setup windows xbmc. My gui is set at 1080i but when I put xbmc on auto resolution it only goes to 720. If I try to force 1080i the screen blacks out and the tv tells me there is no video output(which it usually does if there is nothing attached to it) SO...what do I need to do? I always have to shut down xbmc via task manager and start over. Thanks ahead of time!
you need to post WAY MORE info for anyone to help
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Umm...ok. Ive got an aMD 4400, 2 gigs ram, 80 gig hdd, abit board with onboard hdmi and geforce gpu. I dont know what else to put up. XBMC is the latest build...thats about all i know to tell.
You left out the things that actually matter.

Since you are having an issue with video, you should supply all the hardware/software that may be involved with video output, yes?

video card version (nvidia 6xxx, etc)
OS version (XP SP3, etc)
video driver version (179.17, or ?)
3rd party apps that affect video (RivaTuner, Ntune, etc)
have you tried connecting to a computer monitor to see if it will output 1080p to it?

and... post of the log file.
the board is abit an-m2hd with nvida GeForce 7050PV/nForce 630a gpu. vista home premium. all drivers have been updated within the last 24 hours. no 3rd parties. I dont have a monitor with hdmi input so I havent tried that.
You don't need a monitor with HDMI input... just use DVI.

It is likely that the sync between the video card and the tv is the problem, not XBMC.

Try playing with the custom settings in the drivers... and ensure it is set to output 1080p.

Then get a monitor that will display 1080p from the PC and hook it up.

It that does not work, then your PC is the problem. If it works then your TV video card combo is the issue.

You are going to need to work on this, no one will have the magic answer for you.

I have a 9600GT & 8600GTS using Vista and they both worked just fine with my TV.

I'm now moving to XP since XBMC is not stable on Vista.
The thing that confuses me is that in windows it will display 1080 but for some reason xbmc wont support it.
My tv supports 1080i but I stick with 720p as there is little difference at all. check out this article it gives a comparison about 1080i vs 720p http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6810011-1.html
Thanks for the link. I suppose you are right..but it just erks me that I can't get it to support 1080. Oh well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC will not display 10800