v19 USB Drive names not appearing on Android box
I hope this hasn't been discussed already:  In all previous versions, the names that I had assigned to my USB drives and memory sticks appeared in Files, but so far with v19, I see only udisk0, udisk1, udisk2, udisk3.  My Android box has four USB ports, so it is difficult to find the one I'm looking for each time.  It's a minor thing, but I'm hoping this can be fixed in a future release.  Thank you.

I really appreciate all who work so hard to keep improving Kodi.  A million thanks.
You can assign any name you want to a source, although the source might be "udisk0"

e.g. udisk0 might have a name of Mysteries, as a source it's still "udisk0" but you can assign the name "Mysteries or whatever name you want". How Android assigns names, is likely the same way the PC labels drives as A:/ B:/ C:/ etc.
Thread moved to Android section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I don't know anything about assigning source names in Android.  All I know is that with all previous versions, the names I had assigned to USB drives in Windows appeared when I clicked on Videos/Files.  Everytime I restart my Android box, the ports are assigned a different udisk name (not sure how that is determined), but assigning a name to a port through Android, if that is possible, would not provide what was available prior to v19.  I just want it to read the name of the USB device and display that on the screen.  Used to be a feature by default.
Was hoping this issue would be resolved with the release of 19.0, but it still persists.  Really hope this feature can be restored so that I don't have to click through four "udisk" listings to find which USB device I'm looking for.  In all previous versions of Kodi for Android, the connected USB devices were listed according to the name I had assigned them on the computer so things were easy to locate.  Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB Drive names not appearing on Android box0