[PROGRESS LOG] New60 skin
I'll second that, the first one looks way more proffesional (imho)

Also, i too love the watched overlay, it's so simple yet straight to the point, i'm surpirsed nobody has done it before (maybe they have?). Never again will i hear "what does that icon mean?"

Looks good man!

Shorty
ShortySco Wrote:I'll second that, the first one looks way more proffesional (imho)

Also, i too love the watched overlay, it's so simple yet straight to the point, i'm surpirsed nobody has done it before (maybe they have?). Never again will i hear "what does that icon mean?"

Looks good man!

Shorty

because the issue with it is its a image and since the whole world and for that point XBMC community does not speak english having a hardcoded "NEW!" would mean nothing to the people who can't read english. Even more so if he expands it to take into account the other overlays Watched, Unwatched, InArchive, HasTrainer, IsTrained, Locked

Icons although they may be different between skins are a easier for non english people
I vote for #1 but I think it would look nicer to have the movie 'info' on the shelf and not over the fanart.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Jezz_X Wrote:because the issue with it is its a image and since the whole world and for that point XBMC community does not speak english having a hardcoded "NEW!" would mean nothing to the people who can't read english. Even more so if he expands it to take into account the other overlays Watched, Unwatched, InArchive, HasTrainer, IsTrained, Locked

Icons although they may be different between skins are a easier for non english people

A good point well made, never thought of that!

I still (Greedily) love the overlays though Laugh

Shorty
Hmm, this may not be explained well and I apologise, but what about if the overlay was made up of 2 parts, the Red triangle itself, and a text overlay on top?

This way as language packs are made, they could change? or not, who knows!

Thats the fun of dev!
NickyZero - Currently making LCARS for XBMC
All info can be found here and here

I am well aware that my grammer is poor, instead of flaming about it, help me with it... "Help me, to help you!"
NickyZero Currently not possible to do jmarshall has been promising me for a while now to look into adding somthing that would make it possible but he either keeps forgetting or isn't too excited about it
Submit a new feature request ticket on trac for tracking purposes so it is not forgotten again Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Updated link in first post by request.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
I am follow with interest the SKIN of a long time ..... very beautiful.

I like this SKIN.

Thank you.

Great job

(MY ENGLISH IS NO GOOD,GOOGLE Translation....)
This is dead. please have a look at the newer project that have come much further, like Surface or Xperience

/Tomas
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PROGRESS LOG] New60 skin0