IR Trans/OrigenAE Remote
I've recently switched from MythTV to XBMC for "media center"/playback functionality and so far I love it! I'm struggling with getting my remote to work however.

I have done the following steps, but honestly I'm not sure what I *should* be doing Smile

- IR Trans server (irserver) is up and running. If I run with the -loglevel 4 -debug_code I can see it capturing events. For example:
[0.0] vol+ mediacenter

- I have created a file /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with these contents:
<advancedsettings>
<displayremotecodes>true</displayremotecodes>
</advancedsettings>

I'm really not sure where to go from here. I've tried searching for the last few hours, but haven't found anything real helpful. It may be that I'm just searching for the wrong things though.

Should my Keymap.xml be modified to show for example "vol+" instead of "VolumeUp"? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Oh, here is some of my system information.
Linux 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Fri Jul 11 23:41:49 UTC 2008 i686
Ubuntu 8.04
XBMC installed from the package
I can tell you my MCE remote was PnP with Lirc. I can tell you that at one time I had to spelunk in some text files while trying to get a different IRDA receiver working and that some of those files call out the name of the IR device you're trying to use. If you find an XML file calling out the MCE remote or the XBOX remote you're in the right one and need a key setup for your remote that matches. I'm sorry I cannot be much more help but perhaps this will point you in the right direction, there is a config file that may need some work if you're using a "nonstandard" sort of remote...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
ok, this is what i did to make xbmc work with my MCE303 case (with irtrans remote)

i edited Lircmap.xml in ~/.xbmc/userdata and added a whole new remote (based on mce remote) at the end of it, just before the </lircmap> closing tag, copying the mceusb remote, calling it mediacenter, using <remote device="mediacenter"> (that's what irtrans recognized it as) and editing every line to match irtrans debug codes, and now i'm quite happy with it Smile

hope this helps...
Thanks! Here is exactly what I did:

As per Succo's suggestion, modified the ~/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml and added a new <remote> section with device of "mediacenter" which is what my IR Trans reports it as. The actual buttons are "vol+", "vol-", etc. instead of "VolumeUp" and such.

My IR Trans is still being goofy in a way: When running with -loglevel 4 -debug_code, sometimes when I for example press the volume up button it properly registers as "vol+", other times I just get a bunch of numbers. Anyone have a idea why this would be? My guess (and note JUST a guess) is that it's loading more than one profile with conflicting rules?

Another question: I was originally modifying the /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml -- in what situations should I modify this file VS the ~/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml file? Is it OK for me to just link the home directory version to the other?
Sad 
Do i also have to change something in the Keymap.xml?

I've done the changes suggested above to the Lircmap.xml, but the remote is not working.

In mythtv on the same machine the remote is working.

please help me out, i have:

Mythbuntu Intrepid 8.10
irtrans latest driver
lcdproc working within xbmc

thanx in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR Trans/OrigenAE Remote0