Android Kodi 19 RC1 and Shield TV
Have anyone tried it or uses it on Shield TV?

If, is it stable enough almost like 18.9?

Havent found any topic about the Shield TV on this
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2021-02-12, 01:05)pettergulbra Wrote: If, is it stable enough almost like 18.9?

If you really have to ask, perhaps it's better to wait until v19 final is out..?
Avoid it. i recently got a shield + nas, tested it with matrix rc1 und recent nightlies - videos freeze for a second or two in irregular intervals. 
e.g. play a movie, runs fine for 30 minutes... then video freezes for a second, two... video catches up to audio. a few minutes later again. and again.
tested with various files, mostly x264/265 and hd audio.
installed vlc player - the same files play without the irregular freezes.

tl;dr
avoid Matrix RC1.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Thanks for the info :-)

Not for me then Smile
RC1 works fine on my shield pro, stream movies and TV shows from NFS over gigabit-LAN without issue.  x265 and x264 with all different audio streams work fine.
if v18 works fine for you don't worry and just wait for v19 final
18 works for me, just want to get some menu of the skin I use to work. But they are only made for 19 :-(

And things has to to be wife friendly, so think I'll wait. But if it is as you say, I'm starting to wonder :-p
i guess Kodi will never "just work" out of the box.

After one week of trial and error, i got RC1 on my Shield 2019 Pro finally working, Dolby Vision, HDR, etc included.
How? With the modded Exoplayer (thx a ton to the guy that made that) and XBMCWrapper from the PlayStore (8€ well spent).

Here are my settings if anyone's interested:
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Using vanilla Kodi 19 latest nightly without any (!) problems for PVR, movies, audio on my Shield Pro 2019. No special tweaks needed.

Not saying that others don't have problems.

Just want to mention that there is at least one happy Kodi 19 on Shield TV 2019 user. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 RC1 and Shield TV0