Req Home Screen - Default Focused Menu item
every time i start Kodi with SiLVO, it automatically focuses on the 5th menu item.

Ideally i would like it to focus on the 1st menu item, which is TV Shows, so I don't have to scroll back each time.

I couldn't see any option in the skin settings for this.

I happy Editing an XML file if i need too.
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
(2021-02-14, 15:43)TheBuz Wrote: every time i start Kodi with SiLVO, it automatically focuses on the 5th menu item.

Ideally i would like it to focus on the 1st menu item, which is TV Shows, so I don't have to scroll back each time.

If here's no option to set a chosen item as start up default , you could try moving TV Shows to no5 in your main menu list in skin settings ?
(2021-02-14, 15:57)ontap Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 15:43)TheBuz Wrote: every time i start Kodi with SiLVO, it automatically focuses on the 5th menu item.

If here's no option to set a chosen item as start up default , you could try moving TV Shows to no5 in your main menu list in skin settings ?

I could, but that messes up the logical order (and my OCD)

Search, TV Shows, Currently Watching (TV playlist), Films, Games, Settings

I was reading some old posts from 2011/2013 that said it could be done by editing the Home.xml file but those methods don't seem to work anymore
(2021-02-14, 16:06)TheBuz Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 15:57)ontap Wrote:

I was reading some old posts from 2011/2013 that said it could be done by editing the Home.xml file but those methods don't seem to work anymore
Are you using vertical menu ?
Pretty rure you can do it in "includes_home.xml" , identify which menu your using , ie, vertical/horizontal(3-5items etc) and try changing the number in either <focusposition>?</focusposition>
            <movement>?</movement>
I forget which , think its the former.

By default, Aeon Nox:SiLVO starts up with the focus on the third menu item, in my case I've moved Weather into that spot. I may not be as OCD as some, but I've arranged my 5 TV show libraries, followed by various Movie libraries, into the order I find most pleasing.

The Main Menu Customizer screen may not be as pleasing to look upon as the resulting Main Menu, but it's a small price to pay, no?Image

Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2021-02-14, 19:27)ontap Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 16:06)TheBuz Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 15:57)ontap Wrote: If here's no option to set a chosen item as start up default , you could try moving TV Shows to no5 in your main menu list in skin settings ?

Are you using vertical menu ?
Pretty rure you can do it in "includes_home.xml" , identify which menu your using , ie, vertical/horizontal(3-5items etc) and try changing the number in either <focusposition>?</focusposition>
            <movement>?</movement>
I forget which , think its the former.

Thank you it took some guesswork but I got there i changed these in includes_home.xml

<!-- Layouts -->
    <include name="MainMenuListContent">
        <left>95</left>
        <top>62</top>
        <width>5000</width>
        <height>100</height>
        <onleft>9000</onleft>
        <onright>9000</onright>
        <movement>5</movement>
        <scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">300</scrolltime>
        <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(MainMenu.Layout),icons)">FocusPosition2</include>
        <include condition="!String.IsEqual(Skin.String(MainMenu.Layout),icons)">FocusPosition2</include>

left to 95 from -256
Movement to 5 from 1
FocusPosition2 from FocusPosition4

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Screen - Default Focused Menu item0