MediaStream v0.87 Released
Anyone having this problem, every view time that I try to play a film the skin crashes any one know what to do?
gvico Wrote:Anyone having this problem, every view time that I try to play a film the skin crashes any one know what to do?

If you're running it on the xbox your probably out of memory, use the info list view or decrease the thumbsize to make the other views usable on the xbox
I downloaded this skin with T3CH's release of XBMC, version 15026. I never even knew this skin existed and I'm so glad that I've found out about it!!!Shocked
It is so crisp and clear on my 32" LCD TV running 720p, it's amazing!!!
Without doubt it is my new skin of choice! I really appreciate all the time and effort that has gone into this so all of us could enjoy a new and intriguing look on XBMC!! Cool

An issue I've noticed with this is when I viewing the Apple Movie Trailers, in "Category Select" view, I show a category menu with no genre's present. Upon clicking the available blank slot/genre, I am then taken to another view for that blank available slot/genre, i.g. Newest, Romance, Horror, Comedy, Action, etc.. The thumbnails show up fine and all seems to work appropriately. It's just when I go to the "Category Select" view, I see no fonts to describe the corresponding genre. Did I miss something here?

In addition to this fantastic skin, I think a timer should be added to the shutdown icons listed, "Shutdown, Restart, Reload XBMC, Refresh Skin, and Dashboard". Like the "Shutdown Timer" that is available in the skin of Blackbolt's MC360. I think this would be a simple change (maybe? I don't know) that would make this skin that much more customizable.

Fantastic and Great!!!!! Thanks for this much needed and desired skin.

Regards,
wantin2mod
gvico Wrote:Anyone having this problem, every view time that I try to play a film the skin crashes any one know what to do?

Had the same problem with an previous release of T3CHs build of XBMC. Turned out to be a problem with the build. Same bug was left in the next build by T3CH. So got another build of XBMC from another guy, and that worked fine.
Downloaded T3CHs latest build with MediaStream some days ago, and no, movies crash once again and it won't help if I change the skin to PM3.
So I'll stay away from T3CH from now on.
Most likely it's not a problem with your skin.
if you dont now how to compile xbmc yourself the safest release is always t3ch. This is also the rel that you wil get support on when posting in forums.
t3ch has for a long time been regarded as the "default" of "official" build for xbox. i say.. do not use anything else than t3ch !
t3ch will compile and offer whatever is in the codebase at any given time. (ie bi-weekly by now).
Did you ever think about how these issues were identified and fixed before your pal compiled?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@wreezig: The movie problem with T3CHs build's were a heavily documented issue.
It was NOT T3CHs fault. It was an issue within XBMC.

Try reading the forums and doing a bit of research. Might stop you looking like an idiot.

The dvd issue in the latest build is 99% fixed. The last 1% will come in the next build.
T3CH always opens a new forum thread with each release. Try reading them. They are linked from the T3CH homepage.

To see the latest things going on in the SVN (XBMC) then try looking here every so often and sort it by date. http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xbmc/

Sorry if i may come over a bit harsh in my comments, but if you do not read up on things then expect problems and a lack of knowledge on how to fix them.
Fairly basic stuff.
No new release with the T3CH build? Sad
By far the best media interface to date. You need to do up some concepts for myLiveTv.

Keep up the good work.
UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:No new release with the T3CH build? Sad

Really? No
UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:No new release with the T3CH build? Sad

I think they may have had problems getting in touch with us (Mike is on holiday this week and I thought they were going to email me but I never heard anything). I'm going to look into putting an updated version on the website tonight though just to keep things moving along Big Grin
chrisdaniels Wrote:@wreezig: The movie problem with T3CHs build's were a heavily documented issue.
It was NOT T3CHs fault. It was an issue within XBMC.

Try reading the forums and doing a bit of research.
Don't really have the time, and not interested either in reading every thread on the whole site for info on some minor and temporarly issues.
Fact is that one build by T3CH was not working correctly. Just some days later some other build by some other guy surfaced on Pirate Bay and that one worked. Some days later than that another T3CH build came out that still didn't work. Not hard to draw some conclusions from that.

But enough about that now. Back to the skin.

Haven't checked the language files for the skin yet to see if I can change it manually, but the "check the weather" option sounds a bit wierd when you have another language than english. "Check the väder" in swedish for example, so if it's not already possible it would be nice to change the "check the" to each language.
wreezig Wrote:Haven't checked the language files for the skin yet to see if I can change it manually, but the "check the weather" option sounds a bit wierd when you have another language than english. "Check the väder" in swedish for example, so if it's not already possible it would be nice to change the "check the" to each language.
Yep those are separate strings for translation
wreezig Wrote:Fact is that one build by T3CH was not working correctly. Just some days later some other build by some other guy surfaced on Pirate Bay and that one worked. Some days later than that another T3CH build came out that still didn't work. Not hard to draw some conclusions from that.
Yes, amazingly you are getting 5 out of 2 + 2
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I think they may have had problems getting in touch with us (Mike is on holiday this week and I thought they were going to email me but I never heard anything). I'm going to look into putting an updated version on the website tonight though just to keep things moving along Big Grin

Excellent News!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.87 Released1