• 12(current)
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support
(2023-12-10, 19:11)ashlar Wrote: do you know if this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3174988 is going to influence Transparency!'s ability to run under Omega in the future?
Yea, it will.
Transparency is now very far behind Kodi. Important changes that Kodi cannot access are the new Favourites system introduced in v20 and and Movie Versions in v21, new colour picker for subtitles, video calibration redone and there are others. Even multiple fanart and poster support from a few versions ago.
You can try bumping the ABI version in the addon.xml file but those features won't be accessible.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-12-10, 19:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-12-10, 19:11)ashlar Wrote: do you know if this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3174988 is going to influence Transparency!'s ability to run under Omega in the future?
Yea, it will.
Transparency is now very far behind Kodi. Important changes that Kodi cannot access are the new Favourites system introduced in v20 and and Movie Versions in v21.
You can try bumping the ABI version in the addon.xml file but those features won't be accessible.
Undecided
God, how I wish that I kept on learning programming when I was in my teens and then later. It'll end up being one of the greatest regrets of my life (and I consider myself lucky, since there aren't many of them, if any).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2022-01-13, 01:05)xp_eric Wrote: When I wanted to watch the latest episode of Dexter New Blood tonight I noticed I CAN navigate up from the main menu to the list of recent episodes (I use an IR remote on my mediacenter PC connected to my TV) but hitting OK doesn't play the episode from the main menu as it does on Kodi 18...   Sad
First of all great work. My family and I love T! and I'm working on updating to Kodi 20.2 with T! (fresh install).

I installed Scott967's "service.skin.widgets-python3" and reactivated this in the latest version of T! as described earlier. The recent episodes are now showing (they weren't before), but I still cannot play them.
Has anyone ever figured out how to play episodes from the recent episodes widget in the Main screen-TV Shows? Same for Movies...
Well, I dug a bit deeper and reproduced the issue by pressing OK in the TV Shows widget to start the recent episode and found this line in my debug log:
    <timestamp>     error<general>: Keymapping error: no such action 'xbmc.runscript(service.skin.widgets, episodeid=2167)' defined

I'm running Kodi 20.2 fresh install on Fire TV.  From the error it seems that the script service.skin.widgets is missing the appropriate action, so maybe something was missed in the conversion to Python 3? I don't know Python, so that's where I had to stop. And I could be totally off in my interpretation of the error.
Source for service.skin.widgets can be found at https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...ee/python3
Figured it out: The service.skin.widgets contains six calls to XBMC.RunScript in file default.py. These calls were deprecated in Matrix and replaced by RunScript (removed the XBMC. part).
Code:
play = 'XBMC.RunScript(' + __addonid__ + ',movieid=' + str(item.get('movieid')) + ')'
becomes
Code:
play = 'RunScript(' + __addonid__ + ',movieid=' + str(item.get('movieid')) + ')'

Updating these six calls fixed the issue and I can now start the next episode (or movie) with clicking OK.
I have a hazy memory of having this fixed as a byproduct of trying to fix something else - looking at what other things I have in my miscellaneous `Kodi experiments` folder from around April, the file creation date on my service.script.widget, it was probably script.tv.show.next.aired

Anyway - the upshot is that I have service.skin.widgets-0.0.34, and a diff shows there were changes in default.py that replaced instances of `XBMC.RunScript` with `RunScript. This was one of the inbuilt Kodi script handling changes from v18 or 19, I think.
Unfortunately I can't find a documented code revision repository of it, and the change is not in any of the pulls for any of the GitHub version tracked forks I can see - I can only find a download site for the resulting service.skin.widgets-0.0.34.zip : https://iwf1.com/kodi/service.skin.widgets

With that you should get the expected/working play-from-recents behaviour.

EDIT:
Never mind - looks like you went down the same forum/google trawling rabbit hole I did earlier in the year, and discovered the same fix Smile
(2021-02-20, 19:00)ronie Wrote: nope
Hi ronie... could you be bribed in any way to update Transparency! for Omega? Real money on the table, I mean. I know it's against open source spirit, but I am no coder. I have recently donated once more to the Kodi foundation to support it.
Your skin is still, by far, my favourite way of looking at Kodi.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2023-12-10, 19:40)Karellen Wrote:
Yea, it will.
Transparency is now very far behind Kodi. Important changes that Kodi cannot access are the new Favourites system introduced in v20 and and Movie Versions in v21, new colour picker for subtitles, video calibration redone and there are others. Even multiple fanart and poster support from a few versions ago.
Not sure about the "new favourites system", as I seem to be able to use old favourites I had set up to customize the home menu. Movie versions work perfectly, all relevant menus seem to act and work as with Estuary. Subtitles color picker and video calibration can be done, if necessary, from Estuary and settings are carried over to T! I can live without multi fanart/posters.
Bumping the ABI version did the trick on a very recent nightly build of Omega. Let's hope it keeps on working on final release.
Ronie is not really active these days.

Paying for a feature to be implemented is legitimate and not against the open source spirit at all. Devs of other projects make their living like this. But I doubt that you will find someone, as this project is totally based on unpaid volunteers.
(2023-12-31, 05:39)kurai Wrote: I can only find a download site for the resulting service.skin.widgets-0.0.34.zip : https://iwf1.com/kodi/service.skin.widgets
Thanks. I actually didn't find that page and created my own version of service.skin.widgets-0.0.34.
BTW, the description in the link above shows the old version. The download button below actually goes to the updated version.
(2023-12-31, 17:58)sarbes Wrote: But I doubt that you will find someone, as this project is totally based on unpaid volunteers.
Yeah... well, one can always ask. I wouldn't know where else to ask, unfortunately. I'm not even remotely qualified to judge the amount of work needed.
The real difficulty facing anyone who wanted to continue to support this skin lies in the basic premise:
Quote:The main goal of Transparency! is showing your fanart, fullscreen, in all of the views, all of the time. Besides this, it also tries to support every neat new feature Kodi has to offer.
As time goes on, supporting "every neat new feature" becomes a task too daunting for even the most eager new volunteer. I've tried myself, but I learned that jumping into something like Transparency! is too much for a beginner.
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
(2023-12-31, 15:34)ashlar Wrote: Hi ronie... could you be bribed in any way to update Transparency! for Omega? Real money on the table, I mean. I know it's against open source spirit, but I am no coder. I have recently donated once more to the Kodi foundation to support it.
Your skin is still, by far, my favourite way of looking at Kodi.

Does anyone know one of the current skin creators who might be up for the challenge to recreate Transparency in the new version of Kodi?
especially if people are willing to donate to help
I've been using Transparency! since I first found it back in the Helix days. For the past 4 years I've been on a Kodi DSPlayer (Krypton) version with Transparency. I finally decided that it wasn't worth the pain of continuing to use DSPlayer and MadVR and decided to give the latest version of Kodi a shot. Naturally I randomly chose the day Omega was released. Imagine my surprise to find out that the only skin I've known for the past 10 years is no longer available and hasn't been maintained in awhile.

Anyway, I'm highly motivated to figure out a way around this problem and get Transparency working again on Omega. Here's where I'm at:

I've had a portable installation since I started messing with DSPlayer because I wanted to be able to have multiple Kodi versions side by side without issue. I installed Omega, and then copied over my entire portable data folder without changing a thing. I have two profiles: Master User and a kids profile with different libraries, both of which were using Transparency. When I first loaded up Kodi, it opened the Master User and I was greeted with Estuary like everybody else. However, when I switched to the kids profile, I had Transparency just like before. That tells me it can work regardless of what Kodi thinks/says.

I manually edited my guisettings.xml to use <setting id="lookandfeel.skin">skin.transparency</setting> like the other profile, but on startup I get:
kodi.log:

2024-04-08 17:51:21.076 T:60096   error <general>: Failed to load skin 'skin.transparency'
2024-04-08 17:51:21.076 T:60096    info <general>: Unloaded skin
2024-04-08 17:51:21.083 T:60096    info <general>:   load skin from: C:\Program Files\Kodi v21\addons\skin.estuary\ (version: 4.0.0)
No other useful information on why it failed to load. Notably, that error is not present when I switch to the kids profile.

Things I've tried:
I went in and edited transparency's addon.xml to change xmbc.gui to: <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0" /> but that didn't help.
I did update the service.skin.widgets to the 0.0.34 added above which gets recent movie/tv working as shown above, but doesn't help with loading the skin.

I'm going to back everything up and try and see what happens if I set Kids to be the startup profile. Will it kill off transparency? If not, the hacky fix would seem to be to make a copy of the Master User profile and then load that as id=2 on startup or something. I'll report back after I can try that later on.

If anybody has other ideas, let me know and I'll be sure and try them out.
This might sound really stupid and ignorant, but I've been reading about how ChatGPT has been able to write code. As I understand it, support for Transparency! was abandoned because Python was upgraded from version 2 to version 3. Wouldn't it be possible to see what ChatGPT could do with the Transparency! code to update it? Again, sorry if this sounds ignorant -- I'm not a programmer.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support0