XBMC Hardware: Intel G45 Asus setup recommendation help
The squeaking is supposedly fixed with the latest bios.
Without extensive testing, yeah it seems to have dissapeared, atleast the highpitch one. I do get one from ram though which is lowpitched still
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
fiveisalive Wrote:That's not good to hear. Any idea which component is causing the problem(s)? Is it the motherboard or video card? Is the Antec Fusion case at least working out?

Update:
Sound + Graphics now works with ubuntu karmic 9.10 alpha 4
Antec case working. Have got the antec fusion vfd working on linux, but maybe someone had?

Havent tried the built-in antec ir receiver.
desertoak Wrote:Update:
Antec case working. Have got the antec fusion vfd working on linux, but maybe someone had?

Thanks for the info and updates. What kind of power supply did you get for the Antec case? Did whatever you got seem quiet enough?
fiveisalive Wrote:Thanks for the info and updates. What kind of power supply did you get for the Antec case? Did whatever you got seem quiet enough?

I use the built in PS, that´s quiet enough.
desertoak Wrote:I use the built in PS, that´s quiet enough.

Built in to the case or to the motherboard? (My Antec Fusion 430 didn't ship with a power supply, did yours?)
Star 
fiveisalive Wrote:Built in to the case or to the motherboard? (My Antec Fusion 430 didn't ship with a power supply, did yours?)

Yes it did.

psu on toms hardware
desertoak Wrote:Yes it did.

psu on toms hardware

Mine didn't ship with a PSU. I think more recent versions don't ship with a PSU. I got a Corsair 650W ATX PSU which seems to work fine.

desertoak Wrote:Update:

All my parts arrived and video (only using VGA with DVI-VGA converter at the moment) and audio (again just using an analog headphone jack) seems to work more or less out of the box on Fedora 11.

I got the Antec IR receiver and LCD panel working as well using lirc. For the IR you need the right config file to recognize the key presses (volume knob events seem to also work once IR via the remote is working). Obviously then you need to configure each individual app to recognize the key presses.

For the LCD panel you need to have lcdproc installed and select the "imonlcd" driver. Again various apps need to be made aware of this, I found XBMC seemed to produce various menu options, but had to tweak the config file to avoid the standard lcdproc "screens" from continually overwriting the output from XBMC.

Haven't bought an actual LCD TV set or tuner card as yet. Any gotchas I should be aware of? I'm looking in the 36-40 inch range with 1080p.
fiveisalive Wrote:Haven't bought an actual LCD TV set or tuner card as yet. Any gotchas I should be aware of? I'm looking in the 36-40 inch range with 1080p.

Got a Samsung 40" LCDTV (LN40B530) seems to work quite nicely out of the box with HDMI. Enabled pulseaudio to route the audio through the HDMI output and audio works via the internal speakers (until I get a sound system).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Hardware: Intel G45 Asus setup recommendation help0