v19 How do I use KODI Web interface on other devices.
Smile 
Hi,I have recently enabled the Kodi web Interface and i can easily access it through my Server Pc but I would like to open through another device.However,when type in the IP address and Port number,it does not display a result.Do i need to change any files like in vlc media player or is there any other wayHuh Please tell me.

Thank you
(2021-02-23, 11:18)LukeSkywalker999 Wrote: Kodi web Interface and i can easily access it through my Server
Would that be Chorus2 ? There are a few other interfaces to choose from in the repository, unsure if they are properly functional. Some paid programs as well (Yaste comes to mind).

Given the open source nature of the software, you could put on your coding hat.
(2021-02-23, 11:18)LukeSkywalker999 Wrote: However,when type in the IP address and Port number,it does not display a result
v19 requires you to use a username and password in Settings/Services/Control. Have you added that?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also did you select "Allow remote control from applications on other systems" as well as "Allow remote control from applications on this system" under settings > service settings > control > application control ?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-23, 22:28)DarrenHill Wrote: Also did you select "Allow remote control from applications on other systems" as well as "Allow remote control from applications on this system" under settings > service settings > control > application control ?

Yes, done it.I first enabled it after i turned on the web interface
(2021-02-23, 21:20)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 11:18)LukeSkywalker999 Wrote: However,when type in the IP address and Port number,it does not display a result
v19 requires you to use a username and password in Settings/Services/Control. Have you added that?

Added a username and a password, but it works on my server i.e. pc. I want to see my movies/documentaries on a web browser page after proper authentication,but it displays the message "webpage is not available"
(2021-02-23, 19:08)PatK Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 11:18)LukeSkywalker999 Wrote: Kodi web Interface and i can easily access it through my Server
Would that be Chorus2 ? There are a few other interfaces to choose from in the repository, unsure if they are properly functional. Some paid programs as well (Yaste comes to mind).

Given the open source nature of the software, you could put on your coding hat.
I use Arch as my interface as Chorus2 seems a bit basic,should i revert to chorus2??
(2021-02-24, 09:18)LukeSkywalker999 Wrote: I use Arch as my interface as Chorus2 seems a bit basic,should i revert to chorus2??
If what you have now is not functioning to the degree you hoped for, then change would be applicable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I use KODI Web interface on other devices.0