First time builder: UI still renders after //'ing GUIWindowSystemInfo::Render
Hi all,

I have built XBMC, as I am attempting to help with:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4557

In short I want to systematically comment out the free space calculators Under System Info>Storage, to see if they are slowing down my 2nd PC to a crawl.

I am compiling on a VM, and copying the xbmc.exe to the install folder ofthe PC with the symptoms. (As I want to avoid installing VS2003 on this PC). It seems when I compile after commting out code only the XBMC.exe updates, so I am assuming that is all a need to move over to the PC to run my commented build. My build comes in at 12Mb not 8 as that altantis exe, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

If I comment out all of GUIWindowSystemInfo::Render, I get a blank screen, so I know thats working, and its using my new exe.

However, If I comment out the entire method, except the last line: " CGUIWindow::Render();", the entire screen dispays properly. All that does not display are SET_CONTROL_LABEL 50,51 & 52. (Time & build info).

Commenting out just: "SET_CONTROL_LABEL(2, g_infoManager.GetLabel(SYSTEM_FREE_SPACE_C));" makes no difference, nor does commetning out parts of the network and other sections etc..

I am obviously doing something very wrong, though I have no idea what.

I have never used C++ before, and only have 18mths experience with C# and ASP.NET, so excuse me if it's something particularly stupid I am doing.

I will wait for a reply before posting my exe and build logs and the like.

Thanks
Sorry, can an Admin please move this to: XBMC for Windows - Developers Only Forum.

I just noticed there is a forum for each platform.
Hi, it's actually defined in the skin, SettingsSystemInfo.xml, look for Storage Contents, in that section are the freespace infolabels which gets the info from the GUIInfoManager. Try commenting out those controls.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I've respond to your ticket.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First time builder: UI still renders after //'ing GUIWindowSystemInfo::Render0