Solved [v19] Fanart-View missing in Rapier 12.2.26
Hi Gade,
i managed to upgrade to 12.2.30 and the new Fanart View is looking really nice. No major bugs so far but it seems like the Titel of the movies is not displayed (should be in the middle on the bottom of the screen according to your pictures above).

...i did not check with Music and TV Shows yet....
Glad that you like it.

The second screenshot is the Clearart view style, and the third screenshot is the clearlogo view style.

You need to have clearart and clearlogos downloaded for that to work.
I use Universal Movie Scraper, Universal Album Scraper and Universal Artist Scraper.
To download clearart and clearlogos, you need to enable it in the addon settings.
Hi Gade,
what is the benefit of using the Universal Movie Scraper against the (default) TMDB Scraper in the new Python version? Up to now i used the TMDB Scraper and named all folders exactly like on TMDB wich let to pretty reliable results together with the "Movies are in folders that match the Movie Title" option.

Today i tested the new Fanart View again on another device with TV Shows and Music and the problem with the missing title (Movie, Artist, TV Show sesm to be pretty wide spread,

No Movie Title:
No Artist Name:
No TV Show Name:
Stragely i found ONE TV Show in my whole library that displays the TV Show Title as Icon......dont ask me why this is just here...
Btw. i just checked that the Artist Clearart and Artist Clearlogo options were indeed disabled. Need to check what happens when i enable and Reflesh...
(2021-03-30, 23:01)Reelyator Wrote: what is the benefit of using the Universal Movie Scraper against the (default) TMDB Scraper in the new Python version? Up to now i used the TMDB Scraper and named all folders exactly like on TMDB wich let to pretty reliable results together with the "Movies are in folders that match the Movie Title" option.

I don't think TMDB Scraper will download clearlogo/clearart.
Universal Movie/Artist Scraper will do that if set in the settings. It's also much more detailed.

When you enable movie/tv show clearlogo/clearart and artist clearlogo every item needs to be rescraped.

Naming should be the same for Universal scrapers.

(2021-03-30, 23:01)Reelyator Wrote: Today i tested the new Fanart View again on another device with TV Shows and Music and the problem with the missing title (Movie, Artist, TV Show sesm to be pretty wide spread,

The place at the bottom is for clearlogo.
So you need to add that for all your items.
(2021-03-30, 23:48)Gade Wrote:
(2021-03-30, 23:01)Reelyator Wrote: ...

When you enable movie/tv show clearlogo/clearart and artist clearlogo every item needs to be rescraped.
....wow. I need to think about if i will take that long road. I have >2500 Movies, >300 TV shows and around 5TB of Music on my NAS...

Maybe a project for the next Lockdown;-)
(2021-03-30, 21:28)Gade Wrote: Glad that you like it.

The second screenshot is the Clearart view style, and the third screenshot is the clearlogo view style.

You need to have clearart and clearlogos downloaded for that to work.
I use Universal Movie Scraper, Universal Album Scraper and Universal Artist Scraper.
To download clearart and clearlogos, you need to enable it in the addon settings.
...btw. what scraper would you suggest for TV Shows?

Up to now i had better experience with the TVDB Scraper copmpared to the TMDB Scraper for TV Shows.....
But the TVDB Scraper seems not to support Clearart Logos for TV Shows.
I'm not sure, but TMDB TV Shows python version seems to support most features.
Dear Gade,
Displaying the Movie Titles as Icons, Clearlogos/Cleararts looks nice at first sight but it has some downsites. Let me explain:.
For TV shows this works pretty well but for Movies:
My Library contains hundrets of (identical TMDB ID) Movies in various Editions like
- Despecialized Edition
- Super-Duper Cut
- Rogue Cut
- Theatrical Cut
etc.

All those different Editions had to be separated by editing the Movie Title in Kodi (for some Movies i have 3 to 4 different editions, I know that is EXTREME but i bet i am not the only one;-). All this important information information is not visible, when the Movie Title is substituted by an icon/logo.

Question: What option must i choose to have the "Text" of the Movie Title displayed instead of a clearlogo?
Those are some valid points.

I did some improvements, which I pushed to my repo.
Only bugfixing (if any) will be done to that view from now on.

Please try v12.2.31.

...thank you Gade!

... i see, i found the new View Style "Label" . Now the Label replaced the Poster when activated. OK.

Would it not have been better, to keep the poster were it is and position the "Label" at the bottom (replacing the AHS icon, not the poster)?
(2021-04-04, 17:35)Reelyator Wrote: Would it not have been better, to keep the poster were it is and position the "Label" at the bottom (replacing the AHS icon, not the poster)?

Sorry, no.
The clearlogo is at the bottom in all views in all windows.
That's part of the skin layout.
Hi Gade,
another stupid Question on post #20: I have several sources for Movies, When i want to switch from  the (default) TMDB Scraper to the Universal Movie Scraper, is there a smart way to make the change for ALL sources at the same time? Or must i edit the setting of each source individualy?

Due to the huuuuge amount of settings in the Universal Movie Scraper this would be a lot of work,,,
(2021-05-12, 12:52)Reelyator Wrote: Due to the huuuuge amount of settings in the Universal Movie Scraper this would be a lot of work,,,

it will be not cause you can edit the default setting via addon manager.
if you change the settings this would be the default setting for new sources.
so
1. change the settings via addon manager
2. set content type to none on all  movie sources
3. set content type back Smile
If you have several separate sources for movies, you have to change each of them to use Universal Movie Scraper.

I recommend only having one source for each content type and having all paths inside that.
You can add several paths to one source.

For addon settings you can do what @skybird1980 writes.
Change the Universal Movie Scraper settings inside the addon manager.
That will change the scraper settings globally.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[v19] Fanart-View missing in Rapier 12.2.260