Samsung Tab S7 goes black screen with Matrix
Samsung Tab S7
Android 11

I had Kodi 18.9 and it took the automatic upgrade.  All went well I thought.  I tested Matrix and it seemed to be working just fine.  I exited Matrix and tried to reopen and it goes black screen on me.  I tried everything I could think of to get it back on and all I could do was bail out and close the app.  Then I did a force stop on Kodi and restarted again, same thing.

Frustrated, I uninstalled Matrix and reinstalled it.  Upon opening it it says starting for first time, then says "Starting Kodi" then goes black screen on me again.  I have repeatedly uninstalled it and reinstalled with the same result.  Out of ideas.  The tablet will only allow me to install from the play store, and Matrix is the default from the Play Store, so I can't even load 18.9 back on it to try.  Any ideas?  Thanks
Thread moved to Android.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-27, 22:25)Darockman Wrote: Samsung Tab S7
Android 11

I had Kodi 18.9 and it took the automatic upgrade.  All went well I thought.  I tested Matrix and it seemed to be working just fine.  I exited Matrix and tried to reopen and it goes black screen on me.  I tried everything I could think of to get it back on and all I could do was bail out and close the app.  Then I did a force stop on Kodi and restarted again, same thing.

Frustrated, I uninstalled Matrix and reinstalled it.  Upon opening it it says starting for first time, then says "Starting Kodi" then goes black screen on me again.  I have repeatedly uninstalled it and reinstalled with the same result.  Out of ideas.  The tablet will only allow me to install from the play store, and Matrix is the default from the Play Store, so I can't even load 18.9 back on it to try.  Any ideas?  Thanks
I resolved this issue by simply powering down the tab and powering it back up, then reinstalling it again.  So far so good. In process of scanning my libraries now.  If I can complete this process and get a good backup without it going black screen again I will be satisfied.
Fresh install of Matrix (19.0) did not help, directly a black screen after start (and permission confirmation). Only after setting display refresh rate to 60Hz Matrix is able to start and run correctly. But that's no solution. Got the tablet because of the 120Hz refresh.
Solution for now is install the F-Droid version 18.9 and skip 19.0. In the F-Droid updater you can disable further updates of the app. So till a solution is made available I just will be using 18.9.
(2021-04-03, 15:22)bvhoesel Wrote: Fresh install of Matrix (19.0) did not help, directly a black screen after start (and permission confirmation). Only after setting display refresh rate to 60Hz Matrix is able to start and run correctly. But that's no solution. Got the tablet because of the 120Hz refresh.
Solution for now is install the F-Droid version 18.9 and skip 19.0. In the F-Droid updater you can disable further updates of the app. So till a solution is made available I just will be using 18.9.
On Samsung Tab s7, Android 11, you need to get into Settings->Display->Motion Smoothness, change setting to 'Standard' (60Hz) from 'High' (120Hz)..Matrix (v19) will now work as expected.  Matrix does not like 120 Hz on Android 11.  Kodi ver. 18, does not have this problem.  Also to note, both Kodi 18 and 19 cannot access any external USB storage device because of Android 11, a new 'feature' which  supposedly has a workaround, but Kodi would need a modification to it's manifest file, as I understand it anyway, not that I would know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung Tab S7 goes black screen with Matrix0