how can i change The movie DB scrapper to my scrapper !
Dear All 
good day to you, 

i am making  my own movie library my question  is sometimes when  i add a movie and the name  is not exactly as  it  is  in the scrapper www.themoviedb.org the movie won't be added  to the library , in this case  i would log on the the  website and search for the movie  then  change  the name  or  add the  movie  to the website if  not  there  
but can  i make this locally ? 
i mean in case  if the movie  is  not on www.themoviedb.org can  i  add  the  poster  to the  video locally  without  going to the websites  and doing  all that  process ? 

thanks  in advance  to  all  of  you ,
(2021-03-01, 10:31)dart3210 Wrote: i mean in case  if the movie  is  not on www.themoviedb.org can  i  add  the  poster  to the  video locally  without  going to the websites  and doing  all that  process ? 
You can.

You will need to use NFO Files for the metadata. There is a template on the page that you can copy... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies
For the artwork, if you save it correctly, Kodi will see it and use it during the scan... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Local_Artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-01, 10:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 10:31)dart3210 Wrote: i mean in case  if the movie  is  not on www.themoviedb.org can  i  add  the  poster  to the  video locally  without  going to the websites  and doing  all that  process ? 
You can.

You will need to use NFO Files for the metadata. There is a template on the page that you can copy... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies
For the artwork, if you save it correctly, Kodi will see it and use it during the scan... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Local_Artwork
really  thanks for your  kind  reply  , but  frankly  speaking  i  dont  understand  , can  you  please explain  to  me  how can  i  do that  ?  and  attach  the  scarapper  if there  is  one  for that  .
I USED  THIS  ONE

<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
2<movie>
3 <title></title>
4 <originaltitle></originaltitle>
5 <userrating>0</userrating>
6 <outline></outline>
7 <plot></plot>
8 <tagline></tagline>
9 <runtime></runtime>
10 <mpaa></mpaa>
11 <uniqueid type="" default="true"></uniqueid>
12 <genre></genre>
13 <country></country>
14 <credits></credits>
15 <director></director>
16 <premiered></premiered>
17 <studio></studio>
18 <actor>
19 <name></name>
20 <role></role>
21 <order></order>
22 <thumb></thumb>
23 </actor>
24 </movie>

BUT  STILL  I CANOT  ADD  THE MOVIE POSTER
i guess  i  found  it   Smile 

<thumb aspect="poster" >rovan.jpg</thumb>
(2021-03-01, 16:37)dart3210 Wrote: i guess  i  found  it   Smile 
No.

You do not add local artwork into the nfo file. If you name your artwork correctly and save it in the correct location, then Kodi will see it during scanning/scraping.

But... you cannot just drop artwork in there and expect Kodi to see it. You need to scan the movie, or Refresh it if the movie is already in the library.

See the image in the Artwork link I gave you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-01, 19:58)Karellen Wrote:
No.

You do not add local artwork into the nfo file. If you name your artwork correctly and save it in the correct location, then Kodi will see it during scanning/scraping.

But... you cannot just drop artwork in there and expect Kodi to see it. You need to scan the movie, or Refresh it if the movie is already in the library.

thanks a lot  ,  will check and  revert  back to  you with the result Smile
(2021-03-02, 09:28)dart3210 Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 19:58)Karellen Wrote:
No.

thanks a lot  ,  will check and  revert  back to  you with the result Smile
HI 
FINALLY I DID IT  Smile thanks a lot  ,  i  have another  question ,  
is there a way  i can  make  KODI to save the poster  of  each  movie  next to the  move ,  i  mean   when  i  scan the movies  and it reads  from THEMOVIEDB.org  i want  it to same the  poster  from the website  next to the  movie  itself !  can this  be done ?
(2021-03-03, 12:43)dart3210 Wrote: is there a way  i can  make  KODI to save the poster  of  each  movie  next to the  move

You can do that with a Video Library Export using "Separate Files". Just enable fanart to be exported as well (next to the default nfo files).
(2021-03-03, 12:43)dart3210 Wrote: when i scan the movies and it reads from THEMOVIEDB.org i want it to same the poster from the website next to the movie itself ! can this be done ?
Yes.
You can do either klojum's suggestion, but that will give you a lower quality artwork, or
Install Artwork Dump addon in v19 and it will save the artwork automatically each time you scrape... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078
My Signature
thank you guys  ,  your  really  helped  me a lot  
i have  one  more question  ,  i have too  many movies  around 1065 movie  ,  i  put them  all  in  one  folder  ,  but  i  need  the  subtilties ( Arabic  subtitles ) how can  i  make kodi to download the subtitle automatically from the web  ? i  used  to  search  and  download the subtitle file  and  rename  it  and  put  it  next to the  video  or  sometimes  i  put them  in  a sub folder next named subtitles  but to  search   for  1065 separate  files is  too  much ! 
is there a way  i  can  do that  with  KODI automatically ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how can i change The movie DB scrapper to my scrapper !0