Cannot see .cbr + .zip files in picture source
according to the kodi wiki "features and supported formats", 3.4 Digital picture/image display in detail, kodi should be able to handle .CBR and .CBZ files.

i have a couple of comics with the two file extensions plus a couple of them are in .ZIPs too. now if go into a picture source to view them i can only see the .CBZ files.

i can see all of them in the file manager, i can go into a .zip file in the file manager and view the images in there but do not see them in the source. different with the .CBR files. i can see them in the file manager but cannot browse them.

i already tried to install the rar archive support, then i can browse the .cbr archives from within the file manager, but still i cannot see the .cbr in the picture source.

am i missing something here?
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
anybody?
Have you tried adding the .cbX extensions to the picture viewer in the advancedsettings.xml file?
xml:
<pictureextensions>
<add>.cbr|.cbz</add>
</pictureextensions>
yes thank you that did the trick for the .cbr files. thank you so much

still cannot see .zip files even though i added them to the pictureextentions
Zip files aren't pictures, so you shouldn't expect to view them as such.

Is there any reason you can't unzip and decompress the zip files to give their content and view that?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
no no particular reason. just wondering because on your https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml page it states

2.8 Photos settings
2.8.1 pictureextensions
A list of additional file-extensions to allow (add) or exclude (remove) in the My Pictures window.
Default extensions for PICTURES:
.png .jpg .jpeg .bmp .gif .ico .tif .tiff .tga .pcx .cbz .zip .rss .webp .jp2 .apng
Examples:
<pictureextensions> <add>.ex1|.ex2</add> <remove>.ex3|.ex4</remove> </pictureextensions>

and .zip files as you can see are listed here as picextentions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot see .cbr + .zip files in picture source0