19 was exciting at first
At first, I was excited to see the Matrix screen.  I really enjoyed the chapter markers too!  From there things went downhill.  My weather app stopped working again.  I realize this might be purely related to Yahoo and the last issue was weatherunderground but given the issues all happening at the same time has snowballed.  Then I noticed new titles stopped retrieving images and due to some issue with the scraper.   Apparently the old add-ons don't play well with Kodi 19.  I feel for the addon developers, this must be quite the burden for them.

As much as I enjoy change and progress, I find 19 unusable at the moment.  I see 19 as not as bad as when the app was ported to the store (during the first day or so where it was an Xbox app and failed to work on Windows) but worse in functionality most other recent releases.  I'd prefer 18.9 until these things are fixed

Side note, Kodi 19 does not work at all on Android, totally unusable due to all of the things that aren't working on Windows plus it cannot see any files through SMB.
Yahoo, AFAIK, changed their policies or at least made it more difficult for Kodi. Using Multi-weather myself at the moment, perhaps you can test that one out.
Don't know which scraper you are referring to, but the default TVDB TMDB should retrieve all metadata for new TV episodes. Old links may no longer work because of the big cleanup TVDB TMDB held some months ago.
Most old add-ons (if not all) will not work in Kodi 19 because of the shift from Python v2 to v3. Both versions are not mutually compatible. Add-on developers will have to get off their butts and start converting their add-ons. This requirement was already announced some 1.5 years ago.
I discovered "The Movie Database" scraper no longer works but there is a magical new Python version which does work.   Thanks for the info on that.
(2021-03-05, 17:39)MuonGold Wrote: Thanks for the info on that.

I have no idea why I mentioned TVDB twice at first in my reply, perhaps it's the Friday afternoon blues that got to me. I did mean TMDB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
19 was exciting at first0