Android Streaming playback stops randomly
In the last two days I've run into an issue playing content from a Windows 7 PC on my network.  Every 10-20 minutes whatever I'm playing stops.  It's usually without an error, occasionally with (I can't remember what it says, I think something about no path to server.)

I have two android TVs running Kodi and both experience this.
While I did update to v19, the issue did exist just before the upgrade. I had hoped Matrix might fix it.

Nothing I know of has changed on the PC to cause it, ditto the TVs.
I did find something in the Windows Event Viewer regarding a Security Audit that LOOKS like the TV changed the source port and guest logon ID at the time the playback stopped.
I don't have any idea if that's the cause or if it is just the TV reconnecting.

Honestly, Kodi is likely not to blame, but it is the only place I experience this issue and I've run out of ideas to trouble shoot this.
(2021-03-10, 16:54)Landstander Wrote: Honestly, Kodi is likely not to blame
With an Android tag to this post in the windows section!; debug log might have a clue? (what add-ons are we talking about?) Given that the video stream works for some time, it sounds like data flow is properly handled. Although for the most part streaming video isn't as robust as it should be, the add-on developer can address this issue in a variety of methods, unless someone posts in the support forum for the add-on, this kind of issue may slip through.
(2021-03-10, 16:54)Landstander Wrote: LOOKS like the TV changed the source port and guest logon ID
Perhaps, this is the new normal with intelligent routines on the other-side ensuring control for commercial insertions etc. Considering that you have been monitoring this behaviour over multiple versions and o/s, suspicion lies in either the add-on or the stream source. You've probably already tried to tweak the cache, HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki) but given that this issue displays on multiple hardware, it's likely some source routine that isn't co-operating, is this content reachable unfettered via web browser?
Derp.  I didn't even realize I posted under windows with and android tag (never post before coffee).  Yup, wrong section since technically I'm running android versions of Kodi.

As far as any add-ons, there's none.  I'm just connecting via Windows Network (SMB v1) to a PC.  The issue showed up about 48 hours ago.  When I couldn't fix it, I finally allowed my devices to upgrade to Kodi 19 in hopes it might help.

I could try tweaking the cache, but whatever's going on seems to be network related.
Thread moved To Android section.
Backing up.  I retested many different ways today eliminating almost everything except Kodi and my router.  I'll see about my modem/router, that was new 7 months ago.

Edit: Never did diagnose this completely.  Something possibly with my modem, but for 2-3 days no stream over Kodi could go more than about 10 minutes without stopping.... and then it was fixed.
ISP never found a problem.  Rebooting my modem/router twice didn't help.  Beats me what happened.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming playback stops randomly0