Iso Files listed as folders
Since Kodi 19, ISO files are listed and treated as folders and playing them cannot be started from within kodi.
Playing them by "open with kodi" from windows explorer works fine.
Is there a setting wich lets kodi displaying ISO files as files again an let me start playing them from within Kodi again (like in Kodi 18)? I use the estuary mod 2 skin, in case it's important.
Thanks for any hints in advance.
I checked with one of my filename.iso files and it's handled correctly, wondering if you have the scraper set as 'movies in separate folders of the same title' and recursive?
(2021-03-10, 23:06)PatK Wrote: I checked with one of my filename.iso files and it's handled correctly, wondering if you have the scraper set as 'movies in separate folders of the same title' and recursive?
Thanks. I must confess i don't understand much of that answer. Where can i check what's wrong?
For many years and many versions of Kodi, iso files have always played perfectly simply by clicking on the poster in your library.  They have never needed nor recommended be treated as folders.  An .iso is a file like any other file.  It's a container of folders and files that never need to be unpacked using Kodi.  In Windows Explorer they need to be mounted and unpacked in order to drill down to the exact file you want to open.  Windows Explorer doesn't open folders, open more folders, and select the exact file to open for a title to start playback.  However, Kodi does as do many other players.  Fwiw, that file is usually inside the .iso folder named BDMV and the file would be index.bdmv but it can be other files as well especially when it comes to playlist obfuscation.

Kodi should play iso titles out of the box using default settings afaik.  It will play the main movie only.  If you want your iso files to playback like a disc does in a standalone player with full menus, that takes a little extra setting up and isn't hard.  There's no telling what you might have done to Kodi settings or your Windows PC to prevent playback?  I'm just replying to you because I don't want you to assume Kodi no longer plays back iso's like they used to for you because you upgraded to v19.  If anything, v19 handles iso's better than it ever has.  So does v20 that I'm using fwiw.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-03-11, 23:03)brazen1 Wrote: For many years and many versions of Kodi, iso files have always played perfectly simply by clicking on the poster in your library.  They have never needed nor recommended be treated as folders.  An .iso is a file like any other file.  It's a container of folders and files that never need to be unpacked using Kodi.  In Windows Explorer they need to be mounted and unpacked in order to drill down to the exact file you want to open.  Windows Explorer doesn't open folders, open more folders, and select the exact file to open for a title to start playback.  However, Kodi does as do many other players.  Fwiw, that file is usually inside the .iso folder named BDMV and the file would be index.bdmv but it can be other files as well especially when it comes to playlist obfuscation.

Kodi should play iso titles out of the box using default settings afaik.  It will play the main movie only.  If you want your iso files to playback like a disc does in a standalone player with full menus, that takes a little extra setting up and isn't hard.  There's no telling what you might have done to Kodi settings or your Windows PC to prevent playback?  I'm just replying to you because I don't want you to assume Kodi no longer plays back iso's like they used to for you because you upgraded to v19.  If anything, v19 handles iso's better than it ever has.  So does v20 that I'm using fwiw.

I had an similar issue. Narrowed it down to the sacd plugin.
Disabled it and it was ok.
(2021-03-12, 11:22)SakuraKira Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 23:03)brazen1 Wrote: For many years and many versions of Kodi, iso files have always played perfectly simply by clicking on the poster in your library.  They have never needed nor recommended be treated as folders.  An .iso is a file like any other file.  It's a container of folders and files that never need to be unpacked using Kodi.  In Windows Explorer they need to be mounted and unpacked in order to drill down to the exact file you want to open.  Windows Explorer doesn't open folders, open more folders, and select the exact file to open for a title to start playback.  However, Kodi does as do many other players.  Fwiw, that file is usually inside the .iso folder named BDMV and the file would be index.bdmv but it can be other files as well especially when it comes to playlist obfuscation.

Thanks for the SACD hint. I have no SACD Plugin. The only two Plugins are Estuary Mod V2 for Matrix and the Youtube Addon.
@brazen1: Where does you need come from to blame users if you have no idea about the issue. That was a retorical question an no answer is needed for me. But thanks anyway.
(2021-03-12, 13:15)andrebiedermann Wrote:
(2021-03-12, 11:22)SakuraKira Wrote:

Thanks for the SACD hint. I have no SACD Plugin. The only two Plugins are Estuary Mod V2 for Matrix and the Youtube Addon.
@brazen1: Where does you need come from to blame users if you have no idea about the issue. That was a retorical question an no answer is needed for me. But thanks anyway.
I don't think I was blaming users for anything?  I thought I was helping you.  Sorry, it won't happen again.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I deinstalled Kodi and removed all folders (Raoming folder too). I reainstalled Kodi 19 and i have the same issue. It definitly doesn't work here. I had no problems with Kodi 18 and earlier.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Iso Files listed as folders0