Script newbie: calling scripts from main menu/ invoking applications
Hi,

for simple Bluray playback, I wanted to invoke PowerDVD from XBMC main menu.
Unfortunately I found no how-to on achieving this, so I digged a bit into the XBMC skin and script interfaces.

Currently I'm using this approach (using xtv here):

<item>
<icon>icon-disc.png</icon>
<thumb>icon-disc-blur2.png</thumb>
<label>Bluray</label>
<onclick>xbmc.RunScript(Q:\scripts\powerdvd.py)</onclick>
</item>

For some reason, my script seems not to be invoked. Is there something that I need to pay attention to?

Second issue is how to minimize XBMC and invoke PowerDVD. Do you have a hint on how to do this? Does os.system() work from within XBMC?

Or, after all, are there better approaches for invoking such application from XBMC?

cheers,

Stephan
I recently found XBMC and am setting up a new HTPC with it. The question with Blu-Ray came up and I had the same idea as stephan: Adding a Blu-Ray option to the main menu and invoking PowerDVD from there. I'm using the MediaStream skin here.

If this is the wrong board for this please let me/us know.

Thanks
maybe you can use the launcher plugin.
I use this to launch any piece of software on my htpc.

See you.
stephan Wrote:Hi,

for simple Bluray playback, I wanted to invoke PowerDVD from XBMC main menu.
Unfortunately I found no how-to on achieving this, so I digged a bit into the XBMC skin and script interfaces.

Currently I'm using this approach (using xtv here):

<item>
<icon>icon-disc.png</icon>
<thumb>icon-disc-blur2.png</thumb>
<label>Bluray</label>
<onclick>xbmc.RunScript(Q:\scripts\powerdvd.py)</onclick>
</item>

For some reason, my script seems not to be invoked. Is there something that I need to pay attention to?

Second issue is how to minimize XBMC and invoke PowerDVD. Do you have a hint on how to do this? Does os.system() work from within XBMC?

Or, after all, are there better approaches for invoking such application from XBMC?

cheers,

Stephan

If your script is in UserData (NOT the root of XBMC ), try U: instead of Q: . I use this on a Linux Box and onestly i can't remember if it would work on a windows Box, but trying it doesn't cost a thing, right?

ZIOLele

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script newbie: calling scripts from main menu/ invoking applications1