FireTV and SMB share
Hi guys,
I am a little frustrated. Maybe someone can help me. I have not found anything about it.

I have been using Kodi on my Fire TV for quite some time. I recently switched to the new FireTV box. Everything has been running to my satisfaction. Except for small things. I used Kodi to play movies from my window share. The movies are in individual folders. Furthermore, I have "music videos". These are smaller movies of different formats, for which I need no further information. Because I am a bit of a freak, there are currently 3,223 files in this folder. One of the things that always bothered me a bit was that even though all thumbnails were already calculated, it sometimes took 1-2 minutes until the thumbnails were loaded. It doesn't matter if they are stored on a share or locally on the FireTV. I was hoping that this would change with version 19. But unfortunately not. Much worse. I had to go back to the old version. Kodi takes about 5 minutes to load just the directory with the same constellation. With the old version it takes maybe 10 seconds to load the directory. This leaves version 19 unusable for me. Is there anything I have to consider? Please make reasonable suggestions. The old version runs as before. It is devinitivly not because of my very fast network and also not because of my very fast fileserver.

Greetings
Gabriel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV and SMB share0