Configure Kodi as standalone network audio player
Maybe a bit unusual question.
I have an android tv-box (A95X F2) and an android phone with Kore app installed. I want to use the tv-box as a standalone networked music player and radio.  tv-box is connected to an amplifier. And I would like to be able to use it without any screen or TV.
I am almost there but not quite getting all the functionality I want. There are a few problems, I am not able to solve. I would like your help with setting up such a system.
1. Is it possible to switch on (from standby) the tv-box using Kore? I don't know, maybe some "wake on lan" function....
2. Ok, at the moment I have to switch the box on using its remote controller. Fine. But that gets me to the home screen of the tv-box and it is impossible to start Kodi without a TV screen. Can this be done using Kore?
3. Once Kodi is started I would like it to switch on the power of my audio amplifier automatically from Kodi. How to solve it? I thought I would use sonoff switch but there would have to be a Kodi plugin to control it. Or maybe there is another way to control the power of an external device?
4. I have my playlist stored in Kodi. But there is no way to start from Kore. Why on Earth is the Tv screen showing something else than Kore app? To get to the saved .m3u playlist I have to connect a TV and then using Kore remote click thru some folders, find the stored playlist and start it. And Kore is not showing any of that, it serves as cursor arrows only and the rest is on TV screan instead of on a phone with Kore. I am trying to use Kodi with Kore without a TV. Can this be done?
5. I am not able to switch off Kodi or tv-box from Kore. The option does not seem to do anything.
6. When Kodi plays something Kore shows thumbnail image, which is an image, a screenshot of a playing video, etc.  After some time normally the phone's screen saver kicks in (the phone's screen goes black) and then when I wake up the phone, it reconnects, and the "now playing" screen in Kore, and "playlist" screen in Kore show a square with a letter instead of the thumbnail picture. Kore does not seem to refresh the thumbnail pictures in the playlist from Kodi files. Can tha be fixed?

Or maybe easier, can someone direct me what to do to get a setup that can play music files and internet radio and wouldn't require a TV? Just tv-box, amplifier, and a phone with Kore.
I'm not sure this can be done with an Android device. I've done it with regular x86 / x64 hardware. Probably could do it on a RPi as well but you need to run Linux and make it think it has a monitor plugged in. Once that is done Kore works beautifully. I've been experimenting with Kore and Kodi in a Docker container on my server. It can play to a remote pulse server quite well.

As far as the playlist issue the playlist is local to Kodi. I believe you can do playlists in Kore itself but I haven't messed about with that. Kore just picks up the database stuff. Playlists aren't stored there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configure Kodi as standalone network audio player0