FanArt in MediaStream?
Hi,

I am new to the Media Center world (3 weeks). I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how the software works and now I am missing only one piece of the puzzle. I can't get the fanart to show. I read everything about it here and no matter what I do it doesn't show.

My config.:

Mac mini 2G RAM OSX Leopard.
G4 1.4 Dual 4TB Storage only

Using MediaStream Skin (AMAZINGRofl)
I access the files located on my G4 wireless.

The Files are organized as follows:

movies/movieName (Year)/moviename.iso
OR
movies/movieName (Year)/VIDEO_TS

What I've tried so far.

movies/movieName/moviename-fanart.jpg
movies/movieName/fanart.jpg
movies/movieName/movie name-fanart.jpg
movies/movieName/moviename(year)-fanart.jpg
movies/movieName/movie name(year)-fanart.jpg

And yes I am expecting it to show on the library mode.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Question 
Are you using the latest XBMC for Mac 'Atlantis' Alpha release, or? and which version of MediaStream?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Are you using the latest XBMC for Mac 'Atlantis' Alpha release, or? and which version of MediaStream?

Hi Gamester17,

I saw checked the Atlantis release date on the site you provided. It looks like I have an older version. I will update it tonight. MediaStream is the latest. I updated yesterday.

Will try and let you know.

Thanks
Gamester17,

You got it. I've downloaded the Atlantis and it is working like a charm Nod.
The new release also fixed a glitch that I was having on the video playback.

Every 10 seconds the video would stop for a second.

THANKS SO MUCH.
mr-bones Wrote:Gamester17,

You got it. I've downloaded the Atlantis and it is working like a charm Nod.
The new release also fixed a glitch that I was having on the video playback.

Every 10 seconds the video would stop for a second.

THANKS SO MUCH.

One thing I forgot to mention (doesn't bother me much). I am still having to add the backdrop manually. Any suggestion?

Thanks
Smile 
mr-Bones

If you have set the content for your movie folder to IMDB or whatever, then all you should need do is Refresh your search for you movies and the Fanart should Scrape through this time around automatically i believe IMO.
Stunts38 Wrote:mr-Bones

If you have set the content for your movie folder to IMDB or whatever, then all you should need do is Refresh your search for you movies and the Fanart should Scrape through this time around automatically i believe IMO.

Hey Stunts38,

It is actually working with the new folders that I am creating but I still have to manually add the backdrops for the folder I created when I was testing the system. Even If I do a set content again and re-scan it doesn't get them automatically. Just so you understand what I am talking about:

Old release:
I did a lot of tests and had to figure out a few things on my own.
I created on one of my drives a folder called Movies and put all the movies folders there with the naming convension "moviename (Year)" ... copying from imdb. I've checked all the files.

Atlantis:
I created Movies1, Movies2, Movies3 folders and repeted the same process and everything works fine. Thumbs and fanarts are downloaded.

I think I will have to delete the first folder and recreate it under Atlantis.

Another thing I've noticed is that in some of my movie folders I have AVIs and some VIDEO_TS. When Atlantis scans it it will bring the Thumb only for the folders that have AVIs and leave a NO THUMB icon for the folders with the VIDEO_TS.

Thanks
Pedro
Hi Pedro

Video_TS files will not get picked up by the scraper until they are converted to ISO files, once this has been done they should scrape. i have recently found this out as i had a whole TV series ripped from DVD to XBMC and they would not go into the Library even though i had used the correct naming convention, once i converted each episode to an ISO they went in without a problem, i would try this.

If i can be of any further help to you, do not hesitate.

Peter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt in MediaStream?0