XMV - Xbox Video format support?
hey guys, i posted a topic here that asked about xmv's on xbox-scene...

xmv's are most commonly found on game discs as demo's or menu systems, and there's an abundance of them on the monthly xb mag demo discs because those discs are generally comprised of nothing but game demo's and video's.

i'd like to be able to view these xmv's within xmbc, but i'm not sure who to ask. considering mplayer is a linux based application and would never actually benefit from including the xmv codec, and the xmv is a proprietary format/codec supplied by the sdk (from what i read, but that may be false), where should i be asking for support?

?ziggy? in another post gave a few details about the xmv format, and that the video codec was something along the lines of wmv. so i tried changing the extensions recognized by xbmc to include .xmv... but.. uh... that didn't work. hah.

so where do i go from here? butcher from my post on x-s said it would be trivial, but at the same time it is in fact a codec, which you have all explicitly pointed out is not something the xbmc team deals with. so would the xbmc team be willing to make an exception with this particular sdk supplied codec?
there's a feature freeze on, don't hold your breath. Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

haha, dammit!

i think it's more of a question than a request/demand.

butcher, you think xmv support may be possible, and is it difficult? i keep wondering if it's just one of those things where if you look at the sdk you'll end up going "that's all i gotta do? that's cake!"

no pressure! haha.. just curious if it's a possibility.. Smile i use xmv's at work to showcase upcoming games..
yes xmv is very easy.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

sweeet.. so uh.. <wink><wink><nudge><nudge> can i look for it in some future releases? eh? maybe? perhaps? =d haha..
you'll need to find a dev to implement it.

hi guys, what about to support *.xmv files? (the video files of a lot of xbox games)
is this possible?
thx!
Great Success!
xmv playback is implemented seamlessly in unleashx. unleashx is open source isn't it?
Just wondering why you dont support .xmv's since they are the native videos for xbox...its the only reason I use UnleashX, would it be bad since its open source? Could M$ do something about it?

-Tiptup300
"AmpSigz FTW"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMV - Xbox Video format support?0