System/Hardware
Quote:AMD 64 1.8ghz (dual core)
GeForce FX5500 (AGP)
XBMC SVN:15111
Linux 2.6.24-19-generic

Video Driver
Quote:$cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version
NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module 169.12 Thu Feb 14 17:53:07 PST 2008
GCC version: gcc version 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)
Apparently you can't edit posts on this forum. Apologies for the n00b-ness.

The workaround I've used is re-mapping the "stop" key to the videos menu, where stopping the video doesn't give a WSOD. I've also changed the "back" key (same) and use the "Live TV" button on my mceusb remote to toggle fullscreen.

There are two files that need to be changed: Keymap.xml and Lircmap.xml, although the latter is remote-specific and depends on which button you want to use. The real magic happens by opening Keymap.xml and looking for <FullscreenVideo>. Change the <stop> line to:

Quote:<stop>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</stop>
problem is also present in alpha3 (well whatever is the tag Atlantis-alpha3-linux-osx-win32 I'm not that familiar with svn sorry), revision 15450

the problem was not present in revision 12538 I think. I say think because I can't run it after upgrading my kernel/libgl, and aborted an svn update so it is somewhere between 12538 and 15436. Also I can't seem to checkout 12538 anymore - not sure if I'm doing it right, I run 'svn co -r 12538
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot.../linuxport xbmc' but it fails with:

REPORT of '/svnroot/xbmc/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: connection was closed by server (http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net)

I've tried retrying but same thing happens.
Not sure why that's failing, but if you check out latest you should be able to do "svn up -r xxxxx"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Another workaround is to press 'Step Forward' button and it will stop the video since it is the end of the playlist. Defaults as PERIOD.
Is there any word on a fix for this?
I have to add that I've got the same problem.

Mine's not exactly white. Mine defaults to a black background with no text, but it's the same problem.

Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 x32 - Linux 2.6.24-21 - Gnome 2.22 - XBMC alpha 3, 15810 SVN - AMD Turion 64x processor - ATI Mobility Radeon x700 graphics card.
Installed XBMC on Ubuntu 7.10 x86 toady. Latest stable I guess, I enabled the Gutsy PPA repository. I immediately ran into this problem of the screen going white when pressing stop button. I have:

cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version
NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module 169.12 Thu Feb 14 17:53:07 PST 2008
GCC version: gcc version 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)

lspci | grep -i nvidia
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV31 [GeForce FX 5600] (rev a1)

...So this is a pending problem with geforce FX5* I see. Well, hope there will be a more permanent workaround in time....
Bug confirmed on an older machine.

I ran XBMC 2.1a2-hardy2 just fine. For a python chrashing bug I decided to upgrade to XBMC 8.10b2-hardy1 a few days ago, and now I have this problem, too.

When I stop a video, everything turns white. But there is no crash, and if you know the navigation on top of your head, you will notice that everything still works. You can navigate to other video's or music, all is well except for vision.

Powering down and restarting XBMC gets rid of the white, BUT pressing backslash (leaving full-screen) before shutting XBMC down will preserve the white disaster during the entire Linux session, requiring a reboot!

I run Xubuntu 8.04 updated to 30-jul-2008 (later updates disable my sound and I wasted too many hours trying to fix it that I decided to put back an image and never update again) on a Pentium 3 800 MHz with a GeForce 2 MX 400.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank screen after stopping video0