setting up Library
I have read through much of the wiki and I have also spent many hours working on this. It probably falls back to the fact that i am still a relative noob when it comes to XBMC. I am a recent transfer from meedio.

My question is this. I am able to browse all of my files in file mode, obviously. My problem is that when switching to library mode i only get one show and only one episode from that show in my tv shows source. How can I setup libraries and use the built in tvdb scraper in order to name the files with proper names. When browsing tv shows they are showing up with file names such as G.I. Joe - s01e01, rather than A Real American Hero (1): The Cobra Strikes.

I hope this explains my problem and i apologize now if it's a super noob question with an easy answer. I believe XBMC is the greatest media center out there and i want to get this thing going properly. Thanks
I was able to figure out my problem. It's amazing how you can fight with an issue and the minute you ask for help the solution presents itself.
well i cant understand why you couldent understand this by reading the wiki ?

Anyhow to get library view working you need to add a source in the files view. Say you add a folder containing movies as one source. then when you have added that folder, from fileview rightclick (or use the rightclick button on your keyboard) then select the option from the menu "scan to library" This will create a database with all the movies and they should come up when you select the library view under movies.

By the way you should make shure that your movie folder contains sub folders for all the movies. the sub folder should be named exact like what the movie title is. this will enshure that when you scan the folder into your library the information about each movie is getting correct. You will have to enable the "us folder names for lookup" under the movie settings.
thanks a lot, but as i said i figured out the issue i was having. I hadn't added any files to the library, but it would add some files then they were gone, then other files would be added to the library, but i was doing nothing different. In the end i just cleared the sources and added them back. After that i did as you mentioned before. This proved to solve myproblem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting up Library0