XBMC weird scaling issue
we encourage submission of patches and build/install scripts. You may want to give your build a try on an NVIDIA based system. What version of Intel graphics do you have?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Intel i915
I can confirm the same issue even using an NVIDIA gfx card (GeForce 7300 GS) on a Kubuntu 64-bit system uptodate as of 23/8. The Alpha3 build did not have this issue. I haven't tried the Alpha4 as I installed a 32-bit OS to test (OpenSUSE 11 as it happens), and the problem does not exist anymore.

Incidentally using an OpenSUSE 64-bit on a different (but still NVIDIA gfx) PC, I have the same scaling issue. I can post debug logs from this if you wish, but I don't know if you'll glean any more information than you have already from drivesoslow.
I have a hunch this is a gcc 4.3 + 64bit bug, I don't have this platform (3 installed linux distros is enough thanks). So please avoid this combination until Ubuntu 8.10 final, at which point I'll drop switch from hardy.
sounds like it may be worth testing with gcc 4.1
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I compiled xbmc using gcc 3.4 on Fedora 9 x86_64 using the following command to no avail, same issue.

Code:
CXX=/usr/bin/x86_64-redhat-linux-c++34 CC=/usr/bin/x86_64-redhat-linux-c++34 ./configure --prefix=/usr
That's a configure command. That won't actually build anything. Did you do a make distclean first? Did you get the same scaling issue or a new problem?
Yes I did a distclean first, and yes that was the config command, but after that I did a make and make install.
And sorry I had the same scaling issue.
Something to note is that it appears that the text is scaled for the proper resolution, but gets squished into smaller areas causing overlapping, it is almost as if the viewport isn't being set to the same size as the resolution.

http://www.nabble.com/Window-size-!%3D-v...65799.html
What version of SDL do you have?
SDL_image-1.2.6-6.fc9.x86_64
SDL_mixer-devel-1.2.8-8.fc9.x86_64
SDL_mixer-1.2.8-8.fc9.x86_64
SDL_sound-devel-1.0.1-9.fc9.x86_64
SDL_image-devel-1.2.6-6.fc9.x86_64
SDL_ttf-2.0.9-4.fc9.x86_64
SDL_gfx-2.0.16-5.fc9.x86_64
SDL_sound-1.0.1-9.fc9.x86_64
SDL_goom-0-2.fc9.x86_64
SDL-1.2.13-3.fc9.x86_64
SDL-devel-1.2.13-3.fc9.x86_64
I also tried downgrading and recompiling against SDL 1.2.12 with the same issue
you could try that glviewport bug you mentioned. if it works submit a patch.
It's 100% in the rounding code, I have it narrowed down to needing a way to tell gcc NOT to optimize the damn fuction. What I have ATM actually works fine on 64bit debug/release and 32bit debug, but breaks to all hell 32bit release so is not an option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC weird scaling issue0