XBMC is unable to see local movie trailer when local movie nfo file exists
Thumbs Down 
kraqh3d Wrote:since i've not seen any other suggestions, i think i'm going to remove the local trailer searching from the scanner. this means the database will always have a remove trailer url. and then move the search for a local trailer directly into the info window. if a local trailer exists, that's what the button will play. otherwise, it'll play the url in the library. and if neither exists, the button is disabled.

** edit **
downside is that whenever you bring up the info window, xbmc is going to look for a local trailer in the same path as the file. is this that bad? if no trailer ever exists, it'll keep looking everytime and that's a positive. as soon as one is added, it'll be noticed. an option is to update the db when its found by the info window, overwriting the previously stored url.
Another downside is that skins will not be possible to have "HasTrailer" overlay if the is no 'flag' in the database, see => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31585

Confused
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ah. excellent point.

so then... the scanner will continue to look for "local" trailer files, but with some minor reorganization so that it will also try to locate one even when an xml nfo file is used for import.

the info window will remain as-is.

(i've never really bothered with trailers until recently. i had a few imdb scraped trailers but lost them on a fresh install. if anyone can look into this, the scraper probably needs a minor adjustment to account for some change in the imdb page source.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
kraqh3d Wrote:i had a few imdb scraped trailers but lost them on a fresh install. if anyone can look into this, the scraper probably needs a minor adjustment to account for some change in the imdb page source.)
I believe that VDRfan updated the IMDb scraper in SVN to reflect the recent changes to imdb.com website.
I really wanted to see my local trailers along with all of the nice details of my .nfo files, the only thing I could think of to do for now is edit the <trailer> tag inside my .nfo files to reflect a local path.

Now the thought of manually editing hundreds of .nfo files to change their <trailer> path is crazy, so I wrote a quick little bash script to do it for me:
trailerbatch.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# /path/to/video/dir/trailerbatch.sh
# trailerbatch.sh is a script to batch process your .nfo files and replace
# the url of <trailer></trailer> with a path to a local file
# Copyright (C) 2008  Mic Marvin

# start main script
for moviefile in *.nfo
do
mv $moviefile $moviefile.tmp;
trailerName=`basename "$moviefile" .nfo`

sed -e 's/<trailer>.*<\/trailer>/<trailer>smb:\/\/Your_MediaServer_path_to_nfo_files\/'"$trailerName"'-trailer.flv<\/trailer>/g' $moviefile.tmp > $moviefile; rm $moviefile.tmp;

done
The script needs to be inside your video folder sitting next to your .nfo files, and don't forget to replace "Your_MediaServer_path_to_nfo_files" with your path (back slashes / must be escaped with forward slashes \)... and make the script executable.

This script seems to work for me well enough for now until a better fix is released.
i fixed this in the scanner, but i have a little problem... i had some other uncommitted changes to use "named" subpatterns for tv show regexps that i've held back for the feature freeze. i did a quick rudimentary test with a single file and it works. i plan on modifying a user supplied huge folder of movies to include some random trailer files as another test. i dont expect any problems. i'll have to rename my file, sync a clean copy and use it to commit this specific change. i should have this in there by wednesday.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is unable to see local movie trailer when local movie nfo file exists1