keyboard.xml mapping file on Android device.
Hello

In the living room, I'm running Kodi on a HT-PC Windows 10 machine and have keyboard.xml file mapped, so I'm able to nice and easy adjust sound and subtitle with keyboard, if they are slightly out of sync.

I'm thinking on getting a Nokia Streaming Box 8000 that runs on Android TV 10 system, for the old tv in the bedroom. Looks like it's a good enough box and pretty cheap.
Is it possible to also change the keyboard.xml on Android to map keys as same on the PC so I also can use the keyboard for that? If so, how and where do I find the xml file folder or copying the file on Kodi for Android?
Do I need to have the box rooted, if I need root access to do it? Because I don't want to do that.

xml:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <n>AudioNextLanguage</n>
      <left mod="ctrl">subtitledelayminus</left>
      <right mod="ctrl">subtitledelayplus</right>
      <left mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayminus</left>
      <right mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayplus</right>
      <p mod="ctrl">showtime</p>
      <o mod="ctrl">osd</o>
      <d mod="ctrl">audiotoggledigital</d>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
By default, the keymap.xml file goes into the userdata/keymaps subfolder (mind the extra 's').
No need to root the device for that.
Use https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
Thanks, will look at that  Smile
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
(2021-04-17, 11:44)Klojum Wrote: By default, the keymap.xml file goes into the userdata/keymaps subfolder (mind the extra 's').
No need to root the device for that.
Hello. I tried the addon but made a mess.
Where do I find the userdata/keymaps folder on android.
What's the full path?

Thanks
(2021-04-17, 18:18)HomersDK Wrote: What's the full path?

Google can be such a useful tool... Wink
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/keymap/
Or the wiki - userdata (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok thanks.
What about the "recent_unwatched_episodes.xsp"? On the PC I was able to delete this file, so that no recent episodes was visible under tv-series (to prevent spoilers).
I can't find that file under Android folders, is the file under some root folder, that's not accessible?
Google did not helped here  Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keyboard.xml mapping file on Android device.0