Stuttering after play/pause toggle
Hi, i'm having a strange issue since i've started using xbmc for linux (1 week with daily cvs build compiled by myself).
If i pause and then press play again the video stutters, fps shows always 25fps but i can notice some "robotic movements".

GFX: nvidia 6600gt with 173.14.12 drivers installed
XBMC: 15099 svn, built with "make distclean && ./configure --disable-debug && make -j3"
Other infos: CPU x2 3800+ S939, 2GB ram, Asrock dual-vsta

Notes: I'm running xbmc in a 32-bit chroot (I've the same nvidia drivers installed there aswell) and enabling/disabling vsync doesnt change anything.
This problem happens with xvid avis and x264 mkvs (the only movies i have on my hard disk)

This is the relevant part of xbmc.log
I think I made it fairly clear in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 that we ALWAYS want a FULL Debug Log?
We don't support the 32-bit chroot environment. Too many people fuck up the environ. There are too many variables that are out of our control. You should either install a 32-bit Ubuntu or install the 64-bit version of XBMC. I suggest trying the latter first. If you have problems with that, install the 32-bit Ubuntu unless you have some pressing need for a 64-bit OS.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
later i'll post the full log, sorry.

the environment has been set up using debootstrap + schroot and mounting home, dev, devpts and proc. I've installed the same dependencies needed by the ppa svn source package plus the one written on README.linux.
I've tried firstly the 64 bit version but i got the same issue reported in the thread "xbmc zoomed in" so i tried to compile it by myself and it worked, with just that issue, but it's not a problem, instead of pausing i can stop and then resume the playback.
I'd prefer to stay at 64-bit because I've spent so many time setting it up and tuning it...
Hrm chroot...I missed that on first read. I guess you get to spend some more time setting up and tuning then :p
if you'd like to stay 64-bit i suggest you stick with the 64-bit package. much easier to solve problems when we don't have to deal with shitty chroot setups.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Surely I'll try again the 64-bit version when a new build will be released because i suffer of the "zoomed in" problem too.

btw, here is the full log
i don't know if this could help but i've noticed that skipping a bit backward fixes the issue...

for example, i play a movie, press "p" to pause and then again to restart playback... it stutters, but if i press left arrow while stuttering after few seconds it runs smooth
fixed in svn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering after play/pause toggle0