[OS X] What happened tonight?
Sad 
Tonight's build is a train wreck Sad it fails configure because ftlg isn't installed, and trying to port install it basically installs a complete X11.org enviroment? but fails on doxygen.

I don't see anywhere in the README.osx that this is a requirement Sad
portable.cpp: In function 'size_t portable_iconv(void*, const char**, size_t*, char**, size_t*)':
portable.cpp:392: error: invalid conversion from 'char**' to 'const char**'
portable.cpp:392: error: initializing argument 2 of 'size_t libiconv(void*, const char**, size_t*, char**, size_t*)'
gmake[2]: *** [../objects/portable.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_doxygen/work/doxygen-1.5.8/src'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_doxygen/work/doxygen-1.5.8/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2
TheQuestor Wrote:Tonight's build is a train wreck Sad it fails configure because ftlg isn't installed, and trying to port install it basically installs a complete X11.org enviroment? but fails on doxygen.

I don't see anywhere in the README.osx that this is a requirement Sad
portable.cpp: In function 'size_t portable_iconv(void*, const char**, size_t*, char**, size_t*)':
portable.cpp:392: error: invalid conversion from 'char**' to 'const char**'
portable.cpp:392: error: initializing argument 2 of 'size_t libiconv(void*, const char**, size_t*, char**, size_t*)'
gmake[2]: *** [../objects/portable.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_doxygen/work/doxygen-1.5.8/src'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_doxygen/work/doxygen-1.5.8/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

What's "ftlg", not a clue what this is ?

Last nights merge was a big one. This might take a few days to settle down. There should not be any new depends. If configure is failing, then something is wrong.
On a side note, it's not a huge deal if a platform doesn't build for a night or two. We get build problems fixed in <24hrs, and usually <1hr after commit. So no real need to report things unless it doesn't work for a couple days. And certainly no need to use the frowny face emoticon. Wink
configures fine at http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/20836

you might need a "make reallyclean" to nuke any stray items.
davilla Wrote:configures fine at http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/20836

you might need a "make reallyclean" to nuke any stray items.

did the make reallyclean and it still fails to configure @ r20838

I've made no changes to the system except "after" it failed to configure earlier this evening and tried to add the missing ftgl thing, which I fear borked my system worse than it was Sad and it took me WEEKS to get this hackintosh working right, sigh.

the error I get on configure is this.

CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:76 (ADD_DEFINITIONS):
Policy CMP0005 is not set: Preprocessor definition values are now escaped
automatically. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0005" for policy details. Use
the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- checking for one of the modules 'ftgl'
-- [projectM] Warning: FTGL font support was not detected. Visit http://ftgl.wiki.sourceforge.net/ for help on installing FTGL.
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
No cmake_minimum_required command is present. A line of code such as

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

should be added at the top of the file. The version specified may be lower
if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project. For more
information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
~/xbmc
configure: error: Submodule xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM failed to configure
Skunkworks:xbmc-display davilla$ cmake --version
cmake version 2.6-patch 3

what do you have ?
davilla Wrote:Skunkworks:xbmc-display davilla$ cmake --version

what do you have ?

Again it isn't like this is my 1st build Tongue and it has worked fine [pretty much] on OS X even when my Linux trunk blows out. I have no idea why it is asking for some stange font thingy I've not updated OS X since 10.5.7 came out but I did try to install that ftgl but after about an hour an a half of compiling about 50 things it borks on doxygen Sad

I guess I could just nuke the xbmc directory and redownload clean from svn, that has saved my bacon more than once.
I swear some nights it just SUCK.
I rm -rf XBMC and re-downloaded it from SVN and you know what? it configured and built without issue. Go figure. well at least they OS X people will have something to enjoy tonight after all.
spoke too soon. While the OS X, Linux, and Xbox trunks now seem to be working fine again, my Win32 is back to having the rUNKNOWN issue. The svn_rev.h file seems to be updating just dandy but it is not passing the info into the actual built xbmc.exe Sad

I swear Sundays suck.

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/img/win32.jpg
fixed in r20851.

Thanks,
WiSo
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:fixed in r20851.

Thanks,
WiSo

gracias

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OS X] What happened tonight?0