• 7(current)
Developers wanted to help port XBMC for Mac to PPC (PowerPC) processor architecture
Thanks CountChocula.
I hope this is gonna be helpful to a lot of people Smile

Python-wrapping seems to work now.
ding you are welcome if you want to do some tests.

I just saw that opening zip file does not work.
That's the next thing on my list.
Hey beenje, what do I have to do to get it to work, just the fix you posted two posts ago or does the XBPythonDllFuncs.S file need more modifications?

EDIT: nevermind found the changeset http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/19468 cant wait to get home Smile
ding Wrote:Hey beenje, what do I have to do to get it to work, just the fix you posted two posts ago or does the XBPythonDllFuncs.S file need more modifications?

EDIT: nevermind found the changeset http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/19468

Just do a svn update
Changeset 19469 is needed as well.
Beenje Wrote:I just saw that opening zip file does not work.
That's the next thing on my list.

Good Smile , zip is also broke on intel osx.
So far things are working great!

1. DVD playback - good!
2. python plugins/scrips - good!
3. iTunes/iPhoto plugins - good!

Its not my call but I think it would be a good idea to put it up publicly on megauploads or something to get more feedback from other people.

BTW if anyone wants to build it it is very easy. If you can follow step by step instructions, type and press a button you can build this thing in no time. The longest part of the process is installing all of the Macports stuff but that just happens by itself. Just a reminder build the ports WITHOUT the universal binary tag.
if things work out, the next alpha/beta release of 9.04 will include a ppc dmg.
This is slightly off-topic, sorry, but what does this mean for compiling XBMC-Linux for PPC?

Do these patches that fix Python and DVD Playing Endian issues fix the problems for Linux as well?

Thanks,

-Wes
My guess is that it would help alot on any PPC OS. Both linux and osx are posix so it is probably directly transferable.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
waldo22 Wrote:This is slightly off-topic, sorry, but what does this mean for compiling XBMC-Linux for PPC?

Do these patches that fix Python and DVD Playing Endian issues fix the problems for Linux as well?

Thanks,

-Wes

yes, the ppc patches are more endian issues than mac os ppc specific. there might be some asm syntax differences with ppc on mac vs pps on linux that might pop up.
waldo22 Wrote:Do these patches that fix Python and DVD Playing Endian issues fix the problems for Linux as well?
-Wes

The fix for python wrapping in asm is ppc-osx specific.
It should not be difficult to do the same for linux, but it's not done yet.

Most other fixes, like the one for DVD playback should work on linux.
Wow!
I found this thread by accident and I just registered to say: keep up the good work!
If you haven't thought about it yet: the work you are doing these days will probably help us out on the "pi ess ttthriii"...

I have a G5 collecting dust in the basement, and are willing to help out in any way. I don't have any programmers skill, but I know how to power the thing on and off. Nerd
naivsupr Wrote:If you haven't thought about it yet: the work you are doing these days will probably help us out on the "pi ess ttthriii"...

I was wondering when this would come up Oo

I guess if we ever get OpenGL 1.4 support in PS3 Linux, it could happen.

...but who knows when that will come about.

-Wes
For those who haven't noticed, Babylon Beta 1 has just been released and a ppc dmg is available Big Grin
i did notice good job! Just out of interest where do we submit bugs to and is there a list of stuff this release is missing (i was trying to add a video plugin but no option was there?)
CountChocula Wrote:i did notice good job! Just out of interest where do we submit bugs to and is there a list of stuff this release is missing (i was trying to add a video plugin but no option was there?)

Standard procedure is to start a new thread in the XBMC for Mac forums, once we can reproduce a bug, then make a trac ticket. Trac tickets are golden Smile

The PPC is most likey missing things but we need users to poke in the corners and find them.

And as always pastebin xbmc.log so we can see more details.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Developers wanted to help port XBMC for Mac to PPC (PowerPC) processor architecture5