Not connecting to NAS server but thinks it is?
I've successfully installed KODI on both a raspberry Pi and my PC and now I'm trying to add it to my Android phone...
I've had no problem finding my NAS through NFS search on my rPi and my desktop.
I've always followed the process outlined here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library

My android phone is connected to my local network.
Kodi APPEARS to work as always - I can open the add music source, select NFS and browse to my Synology server, I can see the share with the correct name, and I can add it.
But when it asks if I want to add the content at this source to my library and I click YES, it just ... stops...
I see this screen:Imgur screenshot
I've let it sit for 40 minutes - there is no change.
If I check my Synology NAS resource monitor - I don't see a connection for this device, and I don't see any activity. (I'm not a wizard with Synology NAS, so I could be wrong?)
I've tried all the usual - In Kodi delete source and add again, restarted phone, reinstalled the software. Same result: no activity after selection.
The library doesn't seem that large: 22gb, 3800 files in 300 directories.
My phone has plenty of space on both the built-in memory and the storage card.

I suspect this is caused by some VERY stupid user trick -- can someone tell me what it might be?

Thanks!
I figured this out and am posting my solution because I can see this problem catching other new KODI / NFS users.
Just because KODI ACTS like its connecting, doesn't mean its getting past NFS security.
I redid the NFS security settings on my Synology NAS for this shared folder to:
    Map root to Admin
    Allow access from non-privileged ports
It now works. loading does take significantly longer than on a PC or RPi, but it is minutes not hours.

The key is that you will see mappings fly by in the upper right corner when its connected right.
When it is not, there is no visible message or warning that security is preventing access.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not connecting to NAS server but thinks it is?0