Android Adding resources via smb network to kodi profiles in Chromecast - Kodi V19 Matrix
Hi,
     I'm new to this kodi forum. I have a google chromecast (latest) with Kodi installed. I'm trying to set it up with profiles for kids and different languages (movies). I have setup Master and other 2 profiles with passwords and  my windows 10 PC with a secure network sharing with a seaprate user as per this guide here

I can add resources via master user to kodi  and videos to movies, music etc. I tried setting other profiles to seaparate as well as to share with default for resources etc. But it doesn't show those when logged in via other non master accounts. So, how to add videos via other profiles using smb network from windows?
No one? There is no option to add a new network share folder when logged in via non master profiles.
(2021-05-18, 15:23)S-M-L-R Wrote: No one?

Is there a fire somewhere? Bumping your own forum thread within 24 hours is considered rude as per forum etiquette, you are bumping after just 12 hours.

Patience, grasshopper.
I figured out it myself. While logged into your profile account (in Estuary skin -default) - activate master profile - go to profiles it will prompt pass/pin (if ypou have set )

- Settings -> Media -> Library (left menu) -> Under 'manage resources' -> Add videos -> Left menu (on tv remote click left nav button) -> See option 'unlock resources' -> it will reveal the option to 'add a network location' (smb) when you click add videos or music.

I had a permission problem with one of the hdd in my pc (moving this particular folder to another drive got it worked) - not sure why that drive not allowing sharing even though all setup done properly).

Now to @Klojum - the repected Kodi mod here. I appreciate the rules and your work here. But it would have been much more useful if you had dedicated atleast half of those 32 words you vomitted here towards the querry along with boasting about the rules and 12 hours rules break I did.
(2021-05-21, 03:40)S-M-L-R Wrote: But it would have been much more useful if you had dedicated atleast half of those 32 words you vomitted here towards the querry along with boasting about the rules and 12 hours rules break I did.

Not everyone of us here is a developer or a rocket scientist.
I'm glad you fixed your issue, but your smartass attitude is really not helping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding resources via smb network to kodi profiles in Chromecast - Kodi V19 Matrix0