Solved Kodi 19.1 Startup Crash
Hi, as advised I'm starting a new thread.

As I explained in another thread, after updating to 19.1. I experienced a crash after startup.
Just after the installatioin , when I first launched Kodi,  there was a message telling me that some add-ons where not compatible,
but I couldn't see wich ones because at the same time windows put me back to the desktop to ask me if I wanted to autorize internet connection for Kodi
and then I couldn't see the message any more.

Every time I relaunch Kodi it's frozen for a second or too, no controller works (mouse keyboard, remote) and then it crashes.

(I allowed the firewall exception after being asked)

I tried what you asked and deleted the file guisettings.xml,
after that I tried to relaunch Kodi, it started with the default skin but only for a second and crashed as before.

Here's the kodi.log and the kodi.old.log.

I hope this helps because I have to go to work and can't try something else soon. thank you.
For the purposes of testing, can you set your windows desktop to 1920x1080x60cycles, (remove any joysticks or extra plugins, including optical disks) launch Kodi default skin full screen [if it will launch] and whitelist the most common resolutions. The hardware is capable, but I'm seeing some abnormalities in the res and fps.
I've tested with windows desktop  set to 1920x1080x60cycles, it launches with default skin full screen but only for a second and then crashes.
Here's the kodi.log and the kodi.old.log.

I have no optical drive but I had Virtual Clone Drive enabled so in doubt I disabled it and tried again,
but with the same result. Here's the kodi.log

And then I also tried in 1280 X 1024 but with the same result. Here's the kodi.log
The log is pretty straight forward, outside of plugin.video.nhlgc which exhibits some Python 2 behaviour and failure, I'm at a loss and suggest some corruption. Suggest a Portable mode (wiki) installation plain with default skin, 1080p x 60 fps on your desktop with a local video source and let's see if we can get a usable launch. If that can be established, we'll move on to include more sources and add-ons with the eye towards functionality.
I've done a portable installation on my desktop.
It launches and doesn't crash (with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 x 60 , I forgot to switch to 1920)
You can give me a list of things to try if ever we're not online at the same time.
thank you.
(2021-05-20, 00:36)mckf Wrote: It launches and doesn't crash
So either some file is corrupt in the main installation, or some add-on or former add-on has left garbage that causes Kodi to die. Sounds like the hardware handles 3840 x 2160 x 60 well. Trick would be to decide to either rebuild on the portable installation, or try and start eliminating scripts/add-ons on your main installation. I suggest the former, by adding cautiously one script or function add-on to the portable with the eye towards your present issue. Alternatively you could get the portable up to speed and try copying over the main components.
I first tried to eliminate scripts/add-ons on the main installation but without result.

Then I've made a backup of the addons folder of the main installation (not working) elsewhere, deleted it and replaced it with the (working) folder of the portable installation.
From then Kodi started and stopped crashing.

I tried to replace the scripts/addons with the ones from the (not working) backup to see which one caused the crash but even after replacing all of them Kodi still worked.

Then, inside Kodi I tried to activate the skin Aeon Nox I was using before the update, it crashed and then crashed everytime at startup,
even after deleting the file guisettings.xml and restarting with the default skin.

I had to repeat the operation to make it work again.

So the skin seems to be the source of the problem but I couldn't identify a file in particular.
(I can still redo it on purpose and try something else if you want to identify the file)
I think you need to install Aeon Nox from https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox-SiLVO if that is the actual skin you are using.

If it is and that works, this thread could be marked solved and moved to https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210069?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
The installation of Aeon Nox Silvo was impossible in any way : download or zip file.
Every time it crashed before the end of the installation and then caused crashes on startup after.

So I installed it on the portable version,

_ copied the addons folder to the main installation,
        _ copied the portable_data/addons to the main installation

As it was still working , in the end I tried another time and after replacing the two previous folders ,
I also copied all the portable_data/userdata folder to replace the main Kodi/userdata folder.

And now it's working, Aeon Nox Silvo is installed and not crashing.

Thank you for your help.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.1 Startup Crash0