Android Video stops playing after 30 or 40 min
Hello.
I'm having a weird issue with Kodi 19 instaled on a TCL Android TV

All of the sudden, and without any fixed pattern, randomly but mostly after 30 or 40 min playing, the video stops. The subs and the sound will go on for a few more seconds and then it will stop the movie.

I connect via wifi (very strong signal, just 3m far) to a local samba server mounted a Raspberry Pi4  with 4Gb.
Kodi library is also running in this Pi4 with MariaDB.

I am a little bit lost and running without ideas about how to solve this issue.
Could it be the cache system in kodi? Could it be related with having the library in the PI4 server?

Thank you everybody for your help.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Here it is the full log

I would like to add that around 16:20:58 (time in the log file), the movie got frozen for a few seconds and then resume itself.
However, around 16:44:52 it got black screen and stopped playing going back to the library.
please update to kodi 19.1 and see if that helps. There were some SMB related bugs fixed
Updated to Kodi 19.1.

Same issue, now happens even faster.

Here is the logfile
Here it is another log with more cuts and info.
New logfile

I hope someone can find out where is the issue...
there are timeouts from your SMB server:
ERROR <general>: Read - Error( -1, 110, Connection timed out )

try raising the timeout and the cache size: https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#samba
(2021-05-20, 07:26)wsnipex Wrote: there are timeouts from your SMB server:
ERROR <general>: Read - Error( -1, 110, Connection timed out )

try raising the timeout and the cache size: https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#samba

What values for timeout and cache do you recommend? (It's a TCL TV with android 9.0)
I have another device in my network (Minix Android TvBox), also connecting to the same samba server and sharing the same library via Mysql and It works perfectly without any disconnection.

I also see in the logs that besides de Connection time out with SMB, it also gets timeout writing to Mysql. Its like Kodi close all the connections?
Increased cache to 130MB, Video keeps stopping.

<cache>
<memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readfactor>20</readfactor> </cache>

Logfile after increasing cache

DEBUG <general>: CFileCache:Tonguerocess - <smb://192.168.2.100/media/pelis/**********.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4>
cache completely reset for seek to position 1197546308
ERROR <general>: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )
ERROR <general>: Process - <smb://192.168.2.100/media/pelis/***********.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4> source read failed with -1!

For whatever reason I think Kodi is closing the connection with the samba server... Samba protocols SMB1, SMB2, and SMB3 (mix and max) could affect this?
I have set it now to force SMB3.

I installed VLC in the same Smart TV TCL where Kodi is running and can play without any connection issue.
Any other idea?
What do you use as a SMB server?
(2021-05-20, 14:29)Klojum Wrote: What do you use as a SMB server?

Raspberry Pi4 4GB with Samba Version 4.9.5-Debian and Raspbian 10

I just made a test. I stopped on purpose the samba server while Kodi was playing a video. Due to the cache, Kodi kept playing. Then I started again the samba server. I accessed the shared folders from my win10 to verify it's properly mounted. 
At this point Kodi was still playing due to the cache, but showing the following message in the error log for at least 3 minutes:
WARNING <general>: CFileCache:Tonguerocess - <smb://192.168.2.100/media/pelis/********.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4> source read returned -1! Will retry

After that Kodi stopped playing and showed in the log:
ERROR <general>: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )
ERROR <general>: Process - <smb://192.168.2.100/media/pelis/***********.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4> source read failed with -1!

It's like Kodi fails to reconnect even if the shares are available... but only in the TCL TV. With VLC installed on the TCL works fine. From a Minix Android TV Box in the same network, no issues either.
Could be a bug?
I'm monitoring the samba server with
$watch smbstatus -v

using configfile = /etc/samba/smb.conf

Samba version 4.9.5-Debian
PID     Username     Group        Machine                                   Protocol Version  Encryption           Signing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8600    nobody       nogroup      192.168.2.55 (ipv4:192.168.2.55:41778)    SMB3_11           -                    -

Service      pid     Machine       Connected at                     Encryption   Signing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
media        8600    192.168.2.55  Fri May 21 12:49:18 PM 2021 +07  -            -

Locked files:
Pid          Uid        DenyMode   Access      R/W        Oplock           SharePath   Name   Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8600         0          DENY_NONE  0x120089    RDONLY     NONE             /mnt/media   pelis/************.2001.EXTENDED.1080p.BluRay.x265-RARBG.mp4   Fri May 21 12:49:19 2021

I can confirm that kodi gets disconnected from the share and never reconnecting again. I don't know why closed the session and why never try to reconnect either...
I gave up on the issue with samba. I mounted the videos via nfs and all working fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stops playing after 30 or 40 min0