WEB-DL 4K media flag
I'll be doing some more testing tonight, but I've improved how this is going to go. You won't need to play this overwrite and rename game anymore. I've added a flag check that adds a separate WEB flag that inserts itself if any variant of web is in the filename, if not, then it doesn't leave any placeholder and shows the flags otherwise. I've also intend to replace the aspect ratio flags with completely new and retooled flags that match the new video resolution flags for uniformity. LMK what you think.

Here is a preview:

Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
I'm also considering colorizing the new icons as a sets too, but that is down the road once I get the operational logic sorted out, which is mostly sorted out.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Looks good kittmaster!

I have found another Icon/flag bug. This time in; Videos -> Files in TV-Shows.

Not a big deal as the only time im in there is to scrape new tv shows, but there is a overlapping bug nonetheless. This is "Cover List" view. I checked some of the other views and there is some double icons etc on some.

HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
(2024-04-05, 19:20)Simkin84 Wrote: Looks good kittmaster!

I have found another Icon/flag bug. This time in; Videos -> Files in TV-Shows.

Not a big deal as the only time im in there is to scrape new tv shows, but there is a overlapping bug nonetheless. This is "Cover List" view. I checked some of the other views and there is some double icons etc on some.

I'll have a look.
Mr. V's Original Source
Cover, simple and low have the double hit, but this isn't affected by the linking of the movie and tv show thing, I checked, so that is good, but there is some oddity where on those 3, even though I turn "off" the call to MediaTVFlags, which wipes off one of them, it is still be called somewhere else and I can't find where it's being called. It is really strange because when I search for the term throughout the files, it is on found in other views....so the generation of the call to it shouldn't be happening.

What is odd though is that there are TWO offsets to where it is placing the flag location draw locations which is clearly a coding oversight and actually was helpful to trace the issue at hand. One offset is left 100, bottom 30 and the main call is Left 125, Bottom 25 which is in the includes file. The funny thing is I can manipulate the offsets, turn each one on and off and I can wipe out ONE of the calls that is causing the double hit (which happens to be my new logic code, but only an expansion of the core code before I modded it) but the other called version is the head scratcher. I need to figure out where that is being done and why and only to those 3 files... Once I sleep on it, it may make sense tomorrow, but that is kind of what's up. Definitely a head scratcher.
Mr. V's Original Source
Made some headway on the flags, have a look and see what you think:

http://www.kittmaster.com/imagedump/kodi...lagv4.html
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-04-06, 04:57)kittmaster Wrote: Cover, simple and low have the double hit, but this isn't affected by the linking of the movie and tv show thing, I checked, so that is good, but there is some oddity where on those 3, even though I turn "off" the call to MediaTVFlags, which wipes off one of them, it is still be called somewhere else and I can't find where it's being called. It is really strange because when I search for the term throughout the files, it is on found in other views....so the generation of the call to it shouldn't be happening.

What is odd though is that there are TWO offsets to where it is placing the flag location draw locations which is clearly a coding oversight and actually was helpful to trace the issue at hand. One offset is left 100, bottom 30 and the main call is Left 125, Bottom 25 which is in the includes file. The funny thing is I can manipulate the offsets, turn each one on and off and I can wipe out ONE of the calls that is causing the double hit (which happens to be my new logic code, but only an expansion of the core code before I modded it) but the other called version is the head scratcher. I need to figure out where that is being done and why and only to those 3 files... Once I sleep on it, it may make sense tomorrow, but that is kind of what's up. Definitely a head scratcher.

I found the cause of this, one of the modified list files was calling it twice even though it wasn't in focus, but still calls it, stumbled over it by removing it segment by segment.... and ultimately removing the includes until it stopped.....man that was a painful, but the double hit has been sorted... media flags got some work as shown above. Bunch of artwork addition, will be seeing were it all lands and possibly push an update tomorrow if it holds up.

Waiting for feedback......
Mr. V's Original Source
Oh man, this is a lot to comment, and I'm not gonna have the time to put all my thoughts in order. Again, just my opinions, apologies if I write too abrupt but the F1 Japan race is about to begin Smile
- need a clear strategy. Making the skin showing things depending on how everybody likes to name their files is not gonna make things right
- for the examples given, here are my thoughts:

AC-DC--ROCK OR BUST--RESOLUTIUON(1080P) --> the Blu-Ray flag shown (for source) can't be derived from the information available
BRITNEY SPEARS--CIRCUS--RESOLUTION(720P) --> the Blu-Ray flag shown (for source) can't be derived from the information available
El Camino A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)(2160p Atmos SDR 8 bit) --> the UltraHD Blu-Ray flag shown (for source) can't be derived from the information available
El Camino A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)(Blu-Ray Atmos SDR 8 bit) --> the UltraHD Blu-Ray flag shown (for source) is wrong as the name of the file implies only Blu-Ray as source
El Camino A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)(H264 Atmos SDR 8 bit) --> where did the 4K UltraHD resolution flag came from? From file metadata interpreted by Kodi after playback? Otherwise from the name it can't be derived. **Note 1 below**
El Camino A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)(UHD Atmos SDR 8 bit) --> the UltraHD Blu-ray flag for source is, ahem... a personal choice, a good to have option for the hopeful? "UHD" is not a string used anywhere that matters, so we're moving into the realms of "good to have" **Note 2 below**

That's why I said previously to check the Trash guides and their naming scheme. And not everything needs to be shown at all times. If a string is missing the skin should show _nothing_ (no graphic flag), and not substitute anything else for it. Maybe then people will have incentives to name their files correctly Smile.

Note1:
Does the latest Kodi Omega read more information from the file and provides metadata without having string in file names? I think I've read something about it. If true, not sure what happens if strings exists - what does prevails? (presumably Kodi intelligent detection should override filename strings)

Note2:
Kodi doesn't exists in a bubble. And while I'm refraining from talking too much about the "scene", their logic for filenaming makes sense, and it should be used even if one rips content from their own discs, because it covers a lot of scenarios. Past that, sure other string validations can be added for the skin to show something for other rare situations, but again, I'm in favor of a strong core logic.

Here's an example how I see things based on the mentioned filenaming strategy, from best quality to worst quality (feel free to keep going to lower resolutions, I'm running out of time):

Quality (aka Source)  --> Flag
Remux-2160p --> UltraHD Bluray flag, up to you to create another flag that reads "UltraHD Bluray Remux"
Bluray-2160p --> UltraHD Bluray flag
WEBDL-2160p & WEBRIP-2160p --> WEBDL flag
HDTV-2160p --> HDTV flag
Remux-1080p --> Bluray flag, up to you to create another flag that reads "Bluray Remux"
Bluray-1080p --> Bluray flag
WEBDL-1080p & WEBRIP-1080p --> WEBDL flag
HDTV-1080p --> HDTV flag
Bluray-720p --> Bluray flag
WEBDL-720p & WEBRIP-720p --> WEBDL flag
HDTV-720p --> HDTV flag
I will re-read some of this, but to answer some of your feedback, it ISN'T all about the actual filename, the derivation is and can partially be derived by the actual player's ability to read and interpret the meta information, specifically things like the video.resolution...etc.

As far as the web-dl flag, there are MULTIPLE schools of thought here and it will be derivative on how you name your files. Some are extremely rigid on naming (myself) and other's not so much ( to each their own ), but I say this with light hearted humor..... This is where opinions are like butts, everyone has one.... and I'm perfectly ok with it and will do my best to accommodate the best I can for the masses without sacrificing logical operation.

Here is my structures of how I handle all of the naming of my files using Media Companion:

So you can see here, your inquiry of "How did..." and "not enough..." inquiries are invalid because the metadata comes from within the file and parsed by Kodi and the selection matrix is done accordingly. You can't specifically depend solely on the filename to determine what the media flag outcomes are because there are other dependencies and Boolean logic that sets the outcome on known outcomes of what truly is happening and what the file is. 

One example you see here is "hurricane" > Kodi's lowest resolution flag logic will only output the 480p flag based on Kodi's internal logic even though the file is physically/actually 360p which is why you see it in the list of tests.... and did you notice that it shows as 360p? Well there you go, that is part of the saucers spinning on sticks game I have to play to make this work...and in that case IS filename dependent. It is also worth noting here, that file is a music video and not part of my media libraries, so if I were to include it as a scanned source, it would show up as 480p because I have not coded in "look at video.resolution = 360" and set flag, right now, all of this is literally, point the "player" and let it parse and load the flags based on what it sees in some random folder. So really I'm only "half way" there. But once I get the player side right, it is just a matter of copying over the logic to the media side with some tweaks since the filenames will NOT have things like (360p) in the filename as shown here.

Now, take a look at the visual example of 300 - Rise of empires.....it is not shown in the video example...…but pause here and what would you expect to see for the "web-dl" flag? …. wait...wait...

Ok, the answer is..... no one knows.... why? Because it is skin dependent..... the data exists in the meta data (Look at Media Companion Source field > WebDL), but not in the filename.... A large majority of my files are web, but do I "want" to see web-dl flag on every single file? … well, here comes the butt thing..... probably not...… how about you? …. maybe so..... how do I balance that equation? 

I will say this and it may be a very unpopular statement, but I will say, I really don't care..... anyone says to me.... "well the "scene"...… you can stop right there...… I don't care one bit....about "the scene"..... if the scene doesn't like what is happening, they are free to use another skin or fork this and carry on elsewhere. The few that have expressed interested in this version of revival is what I'm focused on (and specifically because it is for my own use daily across multiple devices) and all other input is noise and honestly..... I just don't care. Does that mean I'll purposely do this wrong.... hell no, but I'm not going to be pushed into make changes by the moving winds of change for the sake of change unless it is meaningful and useful. I only have so much time and family and this has been a large time suck between the tooling, learning and just getting here, so I'm not trying to be divisive, just laying out where my headspace is right now.... 6 months from now, I may be more receptive.

Here is a snippet of the code that determines what you saw in the video:

Code:

<variable name="PlayerVideoCodecFlagVar">  <!-- Main Menu (Videos) Player VIDEOCODEC Flags -->
        <value condition="!Skin.HasSetting(SourceFlags)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]$INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoCodec,videocodec/,.png]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(VideoPlayer.VideoResolution,4k) +
                          [String.Contains(Player.Filename,bluray)       |
                           String.Contains(Player.Filename,blu-ray)      |
                           String.Contains(Player.Filename,bdrip)        |
                           String.Contains(Player.Filename,brrip)        |
                           String.Contains(Player.filename,UHD)          |
                           String.Contains(Player.filename,2160)         |
                           String.IsEqual(Player.FileExtension,bdmv)]">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videocodec/4k.png</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(VideoPlayer.VideoResolution,4k) +
                          String.Contains(Player.filename,264)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videocodec/h264.png</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(VideoPlayer.VideoResolution,1080) |
                          String.IsEqual(VideoPlayer.VideoResolution,720)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videocodec/bluray.png</value>
        <value condition="Integer.IsLessOrEqual(ListItem.VideoResolution,540) +
                          String.Contains(Player.filename,480) |
                          String.Contains(Player.filename,360)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videocodec/x264.png</value>
        <value condition="Player.IsStereoscopic | String.Contains(Player.filename,3D)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videocodec/bluray3d.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Player.filename,pdtv)  |
                          String.Contains(Player.filename,sdtv)  |
                          String.Contains(Player.filename,sd-tv) |
                          String.Contains(Player.filename,sd tv)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videocodec/sdtv.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,hdtv)  |
                          String.Contains(Player.Filename,hd-tv) |
                          String.Contains(Player.Filename,hd tv)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videocodec/hdtv.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,hddvd) | String.Contains(Player.Filename,hd-dvd)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videocodec/hddvd.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,dvd)      |
                          String.IsEqual (Player.FileExtension,iso) |
                          String.IsEqual (Player.FileExtension,ifo)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videocodec/dvd.png</value>
        <value>$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]$INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoCodec,videocodec/,.png]</value>
    </variable>

Here (link below) you can see all of the possibilities of how the tags of the file itself can be used to help determine how to set the flags, right now it is heavily using the filename, but the gating item is watching for video.resolution being equal to 4K and inclusion of a filename attribute to make the choice....etc.:

https://xbmc.github.io/docs.kodi.tv/mast...ideoplayer

So there is more work to be done, but right now, I'm just trying to get things work to follow how other skins are doing things where others don't seem to have a problem with. I've actually documented what the flags are being used in other skins and mirroring that...so that will establish a proper baseline before tweaks are made.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback, there is a lot of things all happening simultaneously like flags overlapping, buttons not working, other operational issues, deprecated methods, so I'm racing just get things stable and now that Omega is out....can only imagine what that will bring.
Mr. V's Original Source
When it comes to how the flags look, i personally prefer how i have mine now, i have "collected" them from different skins etc over the years, i think they are clean and "stylish".

When it comes to the naming, seems correct to me. I see you also have added H.264/H2.265 flags the on the WEB-DL's.
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
(2024-04-09, 19:53)Simkin84 Wrote: When it comes to how the flags look, i personally prefer how i have mine now, i have "collected" them from different skins etc over the years, i think they are clean and "stylish".

When it comes to the naming, seems correct to me. I see you also have added H.264/H2.265 flags the on the WEB-DL's.

Believe me, I've looked, there isn't a whole lot of deltas out there for completeness. Seems like you have to be a master programmer, artist, graphics designer, and all around to make this work.... LOL.

I don't have a super creative eye or else I'd do some more of my own... 

But yes, adding in the extra flags and hiding when they don't need to be there just make more sense... and other skins do the same.... especially for the "web" flag... which is what gave me the idea to do. 

If overall it is "set" then I'll start to merge this into the media side of it because right now it is only on the player side.... so it only works under Main Menu > Videos. But that will be an fairly easy process.

I'm game for better icons, just need to make sure they all fit and not just a cobbled mess... LOL. Definitely some are cooler than others....
Mr. V's Original Source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WEB-DL 4K media flag0