pulseaudio
I have tried xbmc for a few days and this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

I don't know if pulseaudio is supported, but these are the problems when I enable pulseaudio:

-100% cpu load in the menu's
-no video (blank screen, tried different formats), have to press ctrl + alt + f1, kill xbmc.bin and press ctrl + alt + f7
-when I exit, I also have a blank screen (same procedure as above to get rid of it)

Music is working fine (except the 100% cpu load). I can also see two alsa streams
in the volume control of pulseaudio (I suppose 1 for the menu and 1 for the music)

Has anyone else encountered the same problems? I like pulseaudio very much, it gives me the opportunity to play music in different rooms.

My setup:

amd barton 2500+
ati 9800se
Ubuntu 8.04
xbmc alpha3 (tried also svn 15100)
I'm a bit further now:

when I install the package libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio, the cpu was back normal, video worked again and I could normally shutdown

However no audio was heard during video playback. I got the error "Unable to set hw params for playback"
This bug is fixed with alsa-lib 1.0.16 and alsa-plugins 1.0.16 which are both in intrepid.

Now I have the error:

14:45:00 T:2724150160 M: 26669056 ERROR: CALSADirectSound - snd_pcm_hw_params, alsa error: Invalid argument

It seems like the alsa plugin for pulseaudio doesn't support (yet) all the native alsa functions.
No, pulseaudio is not supported.
ASUS M2N-E SLI
Ubuntu 8.041

I had to remove pulseaudio to get sound to play in music or movies
althekiller Wrote:No, pulseaudio is not supported.

OK, that's clear. No plans do to so in the future? I admit that for a standalone media center, pulseaudio adds little or no value (it adds even delay), but for a distributed sound system, pulseaudio is the way to go.
beefke Wrote:OK, that's clear. No plans do to so in the future? I admit that for a standalone media center, pulseaudio adds little or no value (it adds even delay), but for a distributed sound system, pulseaudio is the way to go.
that is a feature request and discussion about it does not belong in the support forum, instead see => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=6207
and => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=21977
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pulseaudio0