• 105(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
(2024-05-04, 23:19)idkfa Wrote: Hi and thank you so much for this amazing work! I love this skin. But there is a problem since I upgraded to Omega and updated the skin (https://github.com/DenDyGH/skin.arctic.z...d/releases). After the update there is no background in the home menu. Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: When I press the up arrow, spotlight appears and the background or fanart is displayed correctly.
That's weird. You can set it again in "Skin Settings > Background > Home background image and fanart fallback image". The original one is in the skin folder called as "bg2.jpg"
I have now solved it by using an old version of the skin and changing the version in addon.xml to version="5.17.0".

By the way, is there a way to adjust the distance in the OSD in the Includes_OSD so that the distance to the right becomes smaller?

Hello, @idkfa

i don't know if I understood correctly, but if you are using an old version of the skin, when updating from the repository, the AZ2:R skin version 1.0.14 Omega will be reinstalled.

Of course you can update, but then you lose the old version.

Staying with the old version of the skin closes the way to the latest updates...
Of course I am aware of that. But when I install the current skin, the fanarts are missing in the home screen. I haven't tried the repository yet. I also adjust the Includes_OSD so that i have a bigger cover. I would have to change this with every update.
This solution you used was once used as a makeshift solution, but it is currently a closed road...

Try installing the AZ2:R skin from the repository.
Repository available via file manager link:
https://dendygh.github.io/
Hello , @idkfa

try this setting in the AZ2:R version 1.0.14 skin menu:

Interface Settings > - Skin Configuration... > Settings > SKIN > Background > disable background overlay > check disable  (be sure to check the disable option)

You can choose now:

Home Page Background Image > Single Image > Select Image > bg2.jpg  (or other homepage background image)

Fanart Placeholder Image > Single Image > Select Image > bg2.jpg  (or other)

I don't know if this is what you meant, but you can test it in AZ2:R version 1.0.14
Thank you @Arkady1964 for taking the time to help me. I have now tried the settings you mentioned. Unfortunately without success. The home screen remains black. This means that it does not show any fanarts from spotlight (Global widget = RandomMovies.xsp). I have now reinstalled the old version of the skin and it works fine for me.
Hello, @idkfa

that's strange, you're the only one reporting this type of problem, maybe there's something mixed up in Kodi from previous skin installations that could be causing this problem...

You may need to reinstall Kodi and then the AZ2:R skin, this very often helps when all other repair methods fail.

Edit.  Alternatively, if you don't want to uninstall Kodi, reinstall only the AZ2:R skin.

In the interface settings, go to the Estuary system skin:
Settings > Interface Settings > Skin > Estuary

Then:
Settings > Add-ons > My add-ons > Look and feel > skin > Arctic Zephyr 2 - Resurrection > Uninstall > Are you sure to do this? > OK > Do you want to delete all data associated with the add-on (e.g. settings) > OK

Reinstall the AZ2:R skin    This usually helps.
Sorry everyone, I'm dumb. My old skin no longer works with Kodi 21. Found this skin, like it. I'm on latest version.

My question is: when I'm viewing my "Favorites", I only have 3 views. Is there any way to change that? I want the vertical poster wall, but can't cycle to it.

By comparison, if I'm in Seren and looking at movies, there's like 10 different views I can cycle through. Can I edit views somehow?
(2024-05-10, 04:12)Xiledprophet Wrote: By comparison, if I'm in Seren and looking at movies
Seren is banned in this forum. Please read our Forum Rules and example list of Banned Add-ons (wiki).
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Xiledprophet , you are asking if it is possible to edit the views in some way.
You can't edit views.

The view can be customized within what the skin offers. In the case of Arctic Zephyr 2 - Resurrection (AZ2:R), we can change it via the left panel (it is displayed by clicking on the tab visible on the left edge or pressing the left arrow, i.e. the cursor). We have a variety of views to choose from (as available):
List, Showcase Flix View, Media Info, Media Info 2, Tri-Panel, Banner List, Poster Wall, Landscape Wall, Info Wall, Info Wall 2, Landscape Wall Small, Poster Showcase, Landscape Showcase, Poster, Lovefilm.

A very useful feature is available in the AZ2:R skin.  Each view can be blocked (if available):
By clicking on the first icon at the top of the screen, select the list, for example Media Info 2. Then click on the open padlock icon, the selected view will be blocked - the padlock icon is closed.
Hello @TurDo,

In keeping with the theme of cosmetic tweaks / bug fixes:

Would it be possible to reinstate the "square" widget aspect? This is the slightly larger, label-free alternative (a genuine square).

At some stage during the course of the mod development this was lost: selecting either "square" or "small square" has long since defaulted to the "small square" view.
(2024-05-12, 15:53)jollyhiggler Wrote: Would it be possible to reinstate the "square" widget aspect? This is the slightly larger, label-free alternative (a genuine square).

It should be fixed now (thanks to @heppen for help).
Try it --> https://github.com/DenDyGH/skin.arctic.z...s/main.zip
Do not forget to set the aspect again in the widget.

(2024-05-10, 04:12)Xiledprophet Wrote: My question is: when I'm viewing my "Favorites", I only have 3 views. Is there any way to change that? I want the vertical poster wall, but can't cycle to it.

I added poster wall view to favourites.
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0