• 2(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
(2021-06-03, 13:41)derrgoo123 Wrote: This is nice great job. Just wondering if you can add the more item at the end of a widget. If you show 25 movies on a widget should be able to click more next to it to scroll through all. Currently, it stops and really no way to get to your list other than open up the add on. Maybe I missed something. Thanks👍
Thanks for nice words!
There is a setting in TMDB Helper: https://imgur.com/Vj9nuPr Maybe this is what you need. I don't know if it's works in that way you want Tongue
I don't use Matrix (there's a scraper I use that doesn't work on Matrix) but I'm glad someone's keeping AZ2 alive! Kinda weird how it just... kinda died all of a sudden.

A question though (I think it's a general thing): is it possible to get fanart or cover art to show up in the Media Info view? My problem here is is that the episode thumbs can potentially spoil something so I just hide them, but I like having a description of what an episode is about. But I don't like that big "hidden" icon:

Is it possible to replace that icon with cover art or a fanart?
(2021-06-03, 14:17)zipperfaced Wrote: I don't use Matrix (there's a scraper I use that doesn't work on Matrix) but I'm glad someone's keeping AZ2 alive! Kinda weird how it just... kinda died all of a sudden.

A question though (I think it's a general thing): is it possible to get fanart or cover art to show up in the Media Info view? My problem here is is that the episode thumbs can potentially spoil something so I just hide them, but I like having a description of what an episode is about. But I don't like that big "hidden" icon:

Is it possible to replace that icon with cover art or a fanart?

I will look at it in free time. Now I have a lot of work and can't say from the memory Tongue
(2021-06-03, 08:37)iphonenexus Wrote: Thanks for taking up the maintenance of AZ2. I've been using your mod for a couple of days now (found on github) and I'm loving the changes and fixes you've made, especially the channel no. in liveOSD and ratings in movie info.

I'll be glad if you could look into the following bugs. These are the bugs which are present on AZ2 on Matrix even on pkscout mod and modified og AZ2:
  • Ratings on movie widgets (Only numeric ratings are visible on widgets for movies)
  • Update button in addon info page
  • Height of 'Manage' dialog in 'DialogVideoInfo.xml' (the extra space was used for artwork beef on Leia)

For ratings on tv show widgets, in 0.2.1 imdb ratings were also visible similar to pkscout mod but in 0.2.2 they're gone.

In tv show info, there is flicker on imdb logo when it appears. The flicker was not present 0.2.1. Same flickering is also there when ratings appear in movie info. Not that it matters, but the skin feels bit sluggish after it happens (at least on my setup). The sluggishness only goes away when I reload the skin.

I hope these changes are not too much to ask.

Thanks again for this mod and reviving AZ2 for Matrix.

Hey, For now I rolled back changes for ratings to avoid performance regress until I find a better approach to fix it... Maybe this evening I will push an update.
nfm886:
You mentioned ratings on one of your recent posts, are you trying to incorporate tmdbhelper for ratings?

Thanks
(2021-06-03, 18:12)Edworld Wrote: nfm886:
You mentioned ratings on one of your recent posts, are you trying to incorporate tmdbhelper for ratings?

Thanks
Yes. I worked hard to make it working using TMDB Helper but there is a lot of performance regress and I have to find a better approach.
(2021-06-03, 18:24)nfm886 Wrote:

Thanks
Yes. I worked hard to make it working using TMDB Helper but there is a lot of performance regress and I have to find a better approach.

You probably already did this, but Arctic Horizon is probably very similar to zephyr.
(2021-06-03, 18:26)Edworld Wrote:
(2021-06-03, 18:24)nfm886 Wrote:

Thanks

You probably already did this, but Arctic Horizon is probably very similar to zephyr.
I was looking in Arctic Horizon source code. Things looks similar but not every. There are a lot of changes which did not match AZ2 skin. I tried to do on my own and hmm... It works but as I said there is a lot of performance regress :/ I though it was caused by references to ListItemHelper addon where ratings was pulled from before but I'm not sure. I rolled back changes for now to make using skin more smoother and gonna fix some smaller bugs which people reports. After it I will think about ratings. I know one thing - ratings are important for people - so it's definitely on my TODO list Smile
Apart from just keeping AZ2 alive (which is awesome) my other priority is making the Music Now Playing screen prettier, accommodate very long song titles and album or artist names without scrolling and add back in the Next Track feature from (fuse)neue for those legacy fans. Here's how it looks in the Heppen version. If you like the look of this, I'd be happy to share the changes.

I'm on Australia time, crawled into bed lol. but this morning worked on the logo, did bit more cleaning sharpening etc
let me know what to change etc happy to do more samples

uncompressed large size file here:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/22zps8me6...o.png/file

512x512 logo

or 512x512
something I come across a lot in AZ2 threads all over, was it not having a power exit on install on the menu, not hard to add it through settings, but the issue i picked up from people was that they needed to exit to google videos of how to configure.
So I added it, so when its installed it puts power on the menu with a direct quit out function.

Might be something to add since it had many requests

skin.arctic.zephyr.2.heppen.mod\shortcuts
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qux37w2bl...A.xml/file 

p.s forgive spelling and grammar, neurological dyslectic so edit a lot.
Quote:Hey, For now I rolled back changes for ratings to avoid performance regress until I find a better approach to fix it... Maybe this evening I will push an update.
Performance is better now. Shame it had to come at cost of ratings. Maybe you'll find a better approach that issue.

Regarding the manage menu in DialogVideoInfo, I played around with the code and <param name="height" value="265" /> seems ideal to me to tackle the blank space. As I said earlier, in Kodi 18 that space was occupied by Artwork Beef options but in Matrix, no other addon uses that space (unless I'm unaware of such addon).
(2021-06-04, 03:20)Silent Knight Wrote: I'm on Australia time, crawled into bed lol. but this morning worked on the logo, did bit more cleaning sharpening etc
let me know what to change etc happy to do more samples

uncompressed large size file here:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/22zps8me6...o.png/file

512x512 logo

or 512x512
Thanks! I will use first version of the logo in my next repository update Smile
(2021-06-04, 03:35)Silent Knight Wrote: something I come across a lot in AZ2 threads all over, was it not having a power exit on install on the menu, not hard to add it through settings, but the issue i picked up from people was that they needed to exit to google videos of how to configure.
So I added it, so when its installed it puts power on the menu with a direct quit out function.

Might be something to add since it had many requests

skin.arctic.zephyr.2.heppen.mod\shortcuts
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qux37w2bl...A.xml/file 

p.s forgive spelling and grammar, neurological dyslectic so edit a lot.
It's not a bad idea. Probably I will add it in next update.
(2021-06-04, 07:23)iphonenexus Wrote:
Quote:Hey, For now I rolled back changes for ratings to avoid performance regress until I find a better approach to fix it... Maybe this evening I will push an update.
Performance is better now. Shame it had to come at cost of ratings. Maybe you'll find a better approach that issue.

Regarding the manage menu in DialogVideoInfo, I played around with the code and <param name="height" value="265" /> seems ideal to me to tackle the blank space. As I said earlier, in Kodi 18 that space was occupied by Artwork Beef options but in Matrix, no other addon uses that space (unless I'm unaware of such addon).

Yes I know Sad Also I know how important is it so I will working as much I will can to fix this ratings. I hope soon it will works.

btw. Can you post an image about this "blank space"? To be honest I don't know what is the problem and I must to see it ^^
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0